Why is NOLF not available on Steam?

Anyone have an idea why NOLF games are not available on Steam?

Edited by ACE

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 19/04/2017 at 7:42 AM, Colt said:

I got many Games 1999-2005 first Person and Third Person all Original all without Account, 1280x1024 or 960 with Nv inspector.

Steam is no good Idea, steam will destroy the game.

I dont Like Games over 2005.

This post could've come from me! Agree, 1999-2005 was the prime gaming period imo. You could walk into a store and spend forever just browsing and looking at all those big beautiful game boxes. It was a perfect time for PC gaming with so many fantastic games. The period also introduced steady game development. Year after year games just got better and better. You looked forward to every 12 months because your fav game was going to get a new version and expectations were high the new version would be a decent leap over the last.

So here we are today. Graphics are moving forward at a slow rate, have been since 2005 really, game play is mostly mimicked of days gone by, game features are often non existent to what we had back then and finally game stability, yeah, what's that??? lol
We wait year after year in some cases for basic features and glaring bugs to get fixed in a game. No more beautiful boxes, it's all just kinda boring.

I've lost faith in new games but boy are the old fun to still play today! In all honesty, I'm having more fun today playing these games then I did back then. No PC specs to worry about, games are all maxed and running at a million fps! Everything I have tried to run I have running perfectly on my modern operating system. No, I don't use Win 10!

If NOLF got a remake, almost certainly a HD version retaining all of the original game play would be terrific. Unfortunately and sadly, it going through something like Steam is just a modern day necessity.

Even if it doesn't get a remake, I don't really care. NOLF is running, playing and looking great on my modern PC as it is imo. I'm totally happy!

• 3 months later...

Right now, No One Lives Forever and Soldier of Fortune are the two classic FPS series that aren't available for sale anywhere that I really want, and it's sad.

I wonder if there's anyone out there working on resolving the rights issue or if the situation is just untenable. Some news would be nice...

7 hours ago, gameragodzilla said:

Right now, No One Lives Forever and Soldier of Fortune are the two classic FPS series that aren't available for sale anywhere that I really want, and it's sad.

I wonder if there's anyone out there working on resolving the rights issue or if the situation is just untenable. Some news would be nice...

Nope it remains in limbo which is why we have the media for all three games in our downloads section. 

20 hours ago, Eliteone said:

Nope it remains in limbo which is why we have the media for all three games in our downloads section. 

I saw. A shame this is the only way to actually get the games these days.

1 hour ago, gameragodzilla said:

I saw. A shame this is the only way to actually get the games these days.

Agreed but only copies you can find on ebay or amazon are used now. 

1 hour ago, Eliteone said:

Agreed but only copies you can find on ebay or amazon are used now. 

Yeah. I do occasionally find old games for sale from the thrift stores in my area, so there's a chance they might appear. I found old copies of Battlefield 1942 and Call of Duty 4 there, among others. Hopefully I might get lucky and find a legit copy of NOLF 1 and 2 there.

At least fans are preserving them.