RezMerger

My apologies to BlackAngel, who gave me permission to post this and then I let it sit in my email for ages. blink.gif

Black Angel's Rez Merger

With this file you can combine all those extra individual maps into one.

First go to UnityHQ.net to download the file, found under 'Other NOLF2 Files'

Then you need to make sure your computer has the "Microsoft .NET Framework v1.1" on it. You can check to see what you have by just going to add/remove programs in the control panel. If it shows 1.0 or you don't have a .Net framework and you (unfortunately) need to download it from microsoft either directly or through Windows Update.

Read more here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/dow...s/framework1_1/

download here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en

It's a file called 'dotnetfx.exe' which after downloading you'd of course have to run to install

For the actual program it's pretty simple:

The main window has a list where rez files will be displayed and 3 buttons

a.) Add - This opens a file dialog so you can select rez files to merge. These will be added to the list in the main screen

b.) Remove - Takes a rez file out of the list

c.) Merge - Asks for a new filename and will start merging all the rez's into 1 big file

Interested in other tools, such as the WinRez Lt Studio? Go visit http://www.blackangel-software.com/.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I prefer doing it the old fashioned way. Just extract all map files and then put the resources together in the corresponding route trees. Then re-rezing the entire thing as one rez file using windows cmd and opening Lithrez.exe. It's direct and pure. Less chance of Windows or anything else effing it up.

I prefer doing it the old fashioned way. Just extract all map files and then put the resources together in the corresponding route trees. Then re-rezing the entire thing as one rez file using windows cmd and opening Lithrez.exe. It's direct and pure. Less chance of Windows or anything else effing it up.

I prefer Lithrez too, but WinRez, RezMerger and Lithrez have about the same chance of windows messing up the .rez as me winning the lottery :rolleyes: (ok, windows has better odds...).

In Weapons-04's installer, I included a batch file (BatchRezV1.bat) that will try and merge all .rez files in the resources folder, that is, if it can find lithrez ;)

Yeah. I only use lithrez to create .rez files. I use Winrez to view and extract rez files. I know the chances are slim to none of it messing a rez file up, but again it's pure and not to mention it seems like winrez often freezes up easily on my comp if I ask it to do too many things.

I'm just picky I guess.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...