Nolf1 coop....coming real soon!

For those of you who may not have yet herd, I am in the middle of finishing development on a (semi-successful so to speak) coop mod for the first "No One Lives Forever" game using a dozen or so console commands and using attribute .txt file edits has bug work-arounds. This all being due to the inability to edit the single-player maps themselves within the game editor other then move them into a multiplayer map list. I must also thank those you who re-uploaded the nolf1 "console mod" for that mod alone makes most of this possible. The only work that myself can take credit for are taking the time to put the single-player maps into proper order on the assaultmap multiplayer map list along with various .txt file edits so that alternate gadgets modes on gadgets can be used(has separate weapons to cheat for) in multiplaye.

WITH ALL THAT HAVING BEEN SAID THE ONLY PROBLEM THAT REMAINS IS: finding how to use the console to give the object "player" certain weapons or gadgets they need on certain levels. Knowing the right weapon name is easy thanks to the weapons.txt file. Its funny because I figured this out years ago which gives every player currently in the game that specific thing you tell them to give BUT I JUST CAN'T SEEM TO REMEMBER THE COMMAND TO THIS DAY! If anyone else cares to test this out with me for a few levels that'd be great! Have a Tunngle LAN party or something, so that we may figure this out somehow and correct the spawn points, remove objects blocking a players path, or better yet figure out them weapon giving console commands all within the currently played maps themselves that'd be GRRREAT!

~Sincerely a Coop obsessed early 2000's PC giving fan, Clonest.

Edited by Clonest

was hoping this would get some attention, perhaps I should've posted under fun and games or something more appropriate to the subject? :/

still having trouble finding though weapon/gadget cheat commands, that and the vehicle cloning cheat and THIS MOD WILL BE READY ....someday soon :)

Looking forward to seeing it.

AT LAST I"VE FOUND THE COMMANDS!, i'll be posting the mod in a few hours if the site allows it :D

hello Clonest !!

its awesome to see that there someone is still messing around with the nolf 1 stuff !
id like to know more about what you are working on and i'd like to get in touch with you to talk about more detailed stuff. please contact me if you are interested to discuss and maybe even team up.

• 1 month later...

EDIT:nvm I was a 'duh head' and hadnt checked out the download section..dangit i should remember the modern way..leech first..read second. =P

Anyone reading this post, checkout the download section. Trying this out within the next few hours.

Thanks for the effort and work put into this.

Edited by Choofy

I just signed in to tell you, that I am eternally grateful to you for making this mod possible. I tried the same myself but gave up. I am a huge NOLF fan and have been playing the games for over 10 years and this is just.. words can't begin to describe how happy I am right now. This is like a pre-christmas present to me. A huge thank you.

Edited by ElitedFish

I just signed in to tell you, that I am eternally grateful to you for making this mod possible. I tried the same myself but gave up. I am a huge NOLF fan and have been playing the games for over 10 years and this is just.. words can't begin to describe how happy I am right now. This is like a pre-christmas present to me. A huge thank you.

Your very welcome! :)

Edited by Clonest

• 7 years later...

Well you guys i know it's been a few years but GREAT NEWS, i'm back to toying around with "console commands" mod endlessly again and after reading back through the games weapons.txt file i again I GOT GOOD NEWS. I finally figured out how to enable the games scopes/silencers for weapons by Default.

*WEAPONS UPDATES*

|--->Now both the P38's Silencer and the Scope for the Delisle rifle are now already atttached when first equipped just as they are in singleplayer making them ideal for stealth missions(Speargun still rules!). The Walther SMG and P38 Pistol can now use the revolver's fire/poison ammo types, added for alittle variety.

The crossbow now uses fire ammo by default making it another useful tool for enemy health decay by shooting enemies leg when they try and duck for cover or player becomes low on health but still needs to do damage and duck between firing.

Both "Sniper Rifles" (Delisle and the Dragunov) ammo and the Explosive ammo type from the "Contender" are now interchangable so players aren't as limited to what scoped sniper weapon they want to use while still matching the time period.

The ever so noisy 5-shot revolver i've left untouched but is still useful for .38 explosive rounds.

*GADGET UPDATE*

|--->Gadgets now properly switch functions in multiplayer given you've cheated for the proper gadget already contains that ammo type, discovered this by editing them in the weapons.txt fron having infinte ammo to something reasonable like 700 rounds(more then enough for a level)

*MELEE COMBAT*

I've went ahead and replaced the starting weapon which was always "fisty cuffs" hands with the "Poison Barrette" this way players can still melee damage enemies from the front when out of ammo but will still only be a 1-hit kill when sneaking up from behind. I've removed the "poison pver time" damage from melee-ing the Barrette incase someone accidently hits a civilian it isn't "game over" 4.

*THE LAST BIT OF ROAD AHEAD *

|--->Still desperately hunting for the right console commands to activate proper backround music tracks that go with each level and if can't get the music to work that way then my only alternative will be to  uploade a folder, full of all the games various backgrounds tracks properly titles for both "sneaky" and "action" moods of all the  memorable tunes in either mp3 or wav format so that players can play their favorite bits in the background in their PC's media player of choice  on "loop" mode. Simply change it after each level or fight manually. After all the campaign isn't complete without the proper "atmopheric music". Still Baffles me to this day way the developers of the default Multiplayer deathmatch did not insert music tracks into the background their maps!

Lastly, for those you whom i made feel that this mod was too complex to setup due to my 5 paragraph or so "readme.txt" that comes with the mod, i will be revising it with much simpler layout of weapon/gadget commands needed in order for a Host to properly play thru of this game with others without overly drawn out backstory explanations. So stay tuned. Get back to ya  a few weeks. ;)

Edited by Clonest
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/15/2021 at 2:16 AM, Clonest said:

Still desperately hunting for the right console commands to activate proper backround music tracks that go with each level and if can't get the music to work that way then my only alternative will be to  uploade a folder, full of all the games various backgrounds tracks properly titles for both "sneaky" and "action" moods of all the  memorable tunes in either mp3 or wav format so that players can play their favorite bits in the background in their PC's media player of choice  on "loop" mode. Simply change it after each level or fight manually. After all the campaign isn't complete without the proper "atmopheric music". Still Baffles me to this day way the developers of the default Multiplayer deathmatch did not insert music tracks into the background their maps!

I don't think music was intended for deathmatches. It wasn't just intended as background music, it was intended to emphasize the casual, sneaky, tense and action moments in singleplayer, based on enemy state and sometimes distance from you. That wouldn't exactly translate well for real players in deathmatches. At best it might give an indication of if there's another player within a certain distance of you, but that could be considered cheap or undesirable. Remember that co-op wasn't an intended mode for multiplayer either, just deathmatch and Harm vs Unity. You could still argue that they should've let you play purely background music, but it was the first NOLF game and in the year 2000. Also they did include a co-op mode in the sequel. I know the first game has many preferred aspects over the second, but the developers and publisher at the time were probably hoping that people would move on to the second game.

I've went ahead and replaced the starting weapon which was always "fisty cuffs" hands with the "Poison Barrette" this way players can still melee damage enemies from the front when out of ammo but will still only be a 1-hit kill when sneaking up from behind. I've removed the "poison pver time" damage from melee-ing the Barrette incase someone accidently hits a civilian it isn't "game over" 4.

Without poison and no fisty cuffs? Even with poison I've had the Barrette not result in a 1-hit kill from behind, or only after the poison takes effect. Yes while aiming at the head. I noticed it happening when a guard was leaning on a wall. Maybe it can miss sometimes in certain situations. Without poison it also wouldn't do as much damage from the front, possibly not much at all. So it wouldn't be as useful in combat since you'd take more damage before killing someone, especially on higher difficulties. It'd also be worse than fisty cups for the Armstrong fight, because it doesn't attack as fast and deals the same damage to him. Why not just start players with a poison barrette and fisty cuffs so they can keep both the poison and non-poison option? I mean this is NOLF 1 we're talking about right? Weapons shouldn't be removed or nerfed if you can help it. With keeping the poison barrette, you should also keep fisty cups as the default weapon because of one of the boss fights. For some of the bosses you weren't meant to have poison or special ammo when fighting them and it depletes their health instantly, but the poison barrette would really only be a problem for the last boss fight. Inge Wagner and Armstrong aren't affected by poison and special ammo damage, you can't get close enough to Volkov to hit him with the barrette, and the Baroness normally gets defeated in 3 hits anyway (you actually can get dumdum rounds while fighting her, which defeat her in 1 shot). That leaves Tom, who gets defeated in 1 hit from the poison barrette. For these fights other than Inge Wagner's, the game removes all but the default fisty cuffs, and a revolver with standard ammunition in the last 2.

Players attacking civilians is a whole other issue not just isolated to the poison barrette. That's actually another thing that keeping fisty cuffs may help with (at least as an option if not the default weapon), because the chance of fisty cups accidentally killing civilians is very low, even lower than a non-poison barrette. It requires hitting them on the head while they're standing up. But I'd think it'd be rather obvious to players that they shouldn't be swinging their barrette at or near civilians. I'd be more concerned with players shooting civilians on accident, which includes special bullets like poison. Even more so with players accidentally hitting them with an explosive weapon, maybe due to underestimating its blast range, misinterpreting a lipstick explosive's throwing arc, or having it bounce the wrong way. But unless you want to remove all these kinds of weapons or remove the game over trigger for killing civilians (or unclassify them as civilians), it's just part of the game that players have to deal with. The poison barrette is no exception and shouldn't get singled out. But maybe it's possible to remove explosive weapons and barrette poison only for levels that involve killing enemies near civilians. No need for levels with just out of the way civilians, contacts or Unity agents, or for levels that don't involve killing enemies.

Edited by CoLdOwN

On 3/5/2021 at 3:32 AM, CoLdOwN said:

I don't think music was intended for deathmatches. It wasn't just intended as background music, it was intended to emphasize the casual, sneaky, tense and action moments in singleplayer, based on enemy state and sometimes distance from you. That wouldn't exactly translate well for real players in deathmatches. At best it might give an indication of if there's another player within a certain distance of you, but that could be considered cheap or undesirable. Remember that co-op wasn't an intended mode for multiplayer either, just deathmatch and Harm vs Unity. You could still argue that they should've let you play purely background music, but it was the first NOLF game and in the year 2000. Also they did include a co-op mode in the sequel. I know the first game has many preferred aspects over the second, but the developers and publisher at the time were probably hoping that people would move on to the second game.

Without poison and no fisty cuffs? Even with poison I've had the Barrette not result in a 1-hit kill from behind, or only after the poison takes effect. Yes while aiming at the head. I noticed it happening when a guard was leaning on a wall. Maybe it can miss sometimes in certain situations. Without poison it also wouldn't do as much damage from the front, possibly not much at all. So it wouldn't be as useful in combat since you'd take more damage before killing someone, especially on higher difficulties. It'd also be worse than fisty cups for the Armstrong fight, because it doesn't attack as fast and deals the same damage to him. Why not just start players with a poison barrette and fisty cuffs so they can keep both the poison and non-poison option? I mean this is NOLF 1 we're talking about right? Weapons shouldn't be removed or nerfed if you can help it. With keeping the poison barrette, you should also keep fisty cups as the default weapon because of one of the boss fights. For some of the bosses you weren't meant to have poison or special ammo when fighting them and it depletes their health instantly, but the poison barrette would really only be a problem for the last boss fight. Inge Wagner and Armstrong aren't affected by poison and special ammo damage, you can't get close enough to Volkov to hit him with the barrette, and the Baroness normally gets defeated in 3 hits anyway (you actually can get dumdum rounds while fighting her, which defeat her in 1 shot). That leaves Tom, who gets defeated in 1 hit from the poison barrette. For these fights other than Inge Wagner's, the game removes all but the default fisty cuffs, and a revolver with standard ammunition in the last 2.

Players attacking civilians is a whole other issue not just isolated to the poison barrette. That's actually another thing that keeping fisty cuffs may help with (at least as an option if not the default weapon), because the chance of fisty cups accidentally killing civilians is very low, even lower than a non-poison barrette. It requires hitting them on the head while they're standing up. But I'd think it'd be rather obvious to players that they shouldn't be swinging their barrette at or near civilians. I'd be more concerned with players shooting civilians on accident, which includes special bullets like poison. Even more so with players accidentally hitting them with an explosive weapon, maybe due to underestimating its blast range, misinterpreting a lipstick explosive's throwing arc, or having it bounce the wrong way. But unless you want to remove all these kinds of weapons or remove the game over trigger for killing civilians (or unclassify them as civilians), it's just part of the game that players have to deal with. The poison barrette is no exception and shouldn't get singled out. But maybe it's possible to remove explosive weapons and barrette poison only for levels that involve killing enemies near civilians. No need for levels with just out of the way civilians, contacts or Unity agents, or for levels that don't involve killing enemies.

Thank you for your critque........With that in mind i'll get the fisty cuffs back in the mod quickly with ability to do small damage both from behind or front of an enemy now that i understand how weapon damage works. The whole "knock-out from behind" while sneaking feature isn't effected and still works fine rather your using the poison pin or fists to an unware enemies head.  Now that i understand even more about editing "ammo" in game can determine how much damage weapons do as well as dmg over-time instead of editing the weapon part of the commands themselves. It'll give a chance to balance the game's enemy difficulty a bit  better even for enemies wielding them. I'm thinking phos fire rounds for AK-47 by default? and of course firebolts for the crossbow's new default with scope since it has a fancier graphical effect. Cyanide rounds for the Silenced Luger and normal FMJ bullets for everything else except the Bacalov Corrector. i'll keep for the P38, Revolver and SMG's considering how they all basically ignores armor and eats away at health if set to  anything other. That and bandages are pretty rare pick up in-game unless u adjust server settings to give health to you when finding armor.

*IN OTHER NEWS*: STILL can't figure out how to allow player to start with more then one weapon but thats what host's cheats are for. I managed to create about 15 different "Tape recorder" versions of the lighter the host can cheat for. There's one properly named for each misson number that can be used to instead of igniting something, will instead play one of the games mission briefing audio files as the firing sound when pressed on. Sort of more interactive way of telling what the objectives are without needing to google it. Its the last clever "single-player like" fix could up with next to uploading all the danger/sneak themes to be played manually in-background for better atmophere like you said.  NPC's triggering music just simply doesn't work properly. The console even gives errors for it that can't be fixed at the start of certain levels. The true last of my problems that may never be solved here is how to get enemies to target other players more often then the host unless other players get directly in their line of fire at "player" 1 and fire first they don't change targets to persue from what i remember. ;) 

Edited by Clonest

On 3/8/2021 at 4:04 AM, Clonest said:

Thank you for your critque........With that in mind i'll get the fisty cuffs back in the mod quickly with ability to do small damage both from behind or front of an enemy now that i understand how weapon damage works. The whole "knock-out from behind" while sneaking feature isn't effected and still works fine rather your using the poison pin or fists to an unware enemies head.

Ah yes I didn't think of that as a possibility, but I like that better. That's how it works in deathmatch, Contract Jack and a certain NOLF 1 trailer. I wasn't suggesting that the barrette never resulted in a 1-hit-kill from behind, just that I seemed to remember it not always working or sometimes only after the poison takes effect, like maybe on a guard leaning on a wall. But after testing it again it did result in an instant kill in all my tests, so maybe I had just missed the head when it didn't work. But still prefer that idea of keeping fisty cuffs the default weapon and letting them do damage from the front.

Now that i understand even more about editing "ammo" in game can determine how much damage weapons do as well as dmg over-time instead of editing the weapon part of the commands themselves. It'll give a chance to balance the game's enemy difficulty a bit  better even for enemies wielding them. I'm thinking phos fire rounds for AK-47 by default? and of course firebolts for the crossbow's new default with scope since it has a fancier graphical effect. Cyanide rounds for the Silenced Luger and normal FMJ bullets for everything else except the Bacalov Corrector. i'll keep for the P38, Revolver and SMG's considering how they all basically ignores armor and eats away at health if set to  anything other. That and bandages are pretty rare pick up in-game unless u adjust server settings to give health to you when finding armor.

I don't think the default ammo should be changed for weapons that enemies have, and if you nerf special ammo damage then it'd also be nerfed for players using it. Will there be a way to change the difficulty? Because enemies do much less damage on lower difficulties than they do on higher difficulties. Honestly most weapons don't need a default ammo change either if any. Machine guns and the Geldmacher can kill enemies pretty fast or deal lots of damage to you with just standard ammo. Weapons like the P38, Crossbow, and Hampton Carbine aren't meant to be as powerful in combat because they are quiet (or have a silencer) and meant more for stealth. Besides the P38 and Crossbow can still use special ammo to be more potent in combat. Bandages are rare because they don't heal you in this game, they make you immune to dumdum round damage. Once you find them, they become an option to equip before you start a mission in singleplayer. Normally there's no way to heal health within a mission other than when you beat a boss. You don't even heal when getting to the next level of a mission. Though in multiplayer you heal when starting a new level, and as you said you can adjust the settings to have armor also give health.

Also, other than on the Low Earth Orbit mission, the majority of enemies actually don't have special ammo, but the ones that do usually have dumdum or phosphorous rounds. Later missions have a few enemies that have poison or explosives, but it's just a few other than some bosses and minibosses. But there are many enemies with an AK-47. If you change the default ammo to phosphorous for the AK-47, any enemy with an AK-47 would have phosphorous rounds, including Volkov and a miniboss. The AK-47 already eats away at armor and subsequently health with just standard ammo. The Fire Extinguisher doesn't even stop all phosphorous damage, it can still stack up and eat away at health. I don't think any enemies have a crossbow though, just the scuba speargun in one mission. There's also some enemies that have a Luger or Parabellum. Defaulting it to poison ammo would make all enemies with one deal poison damage, unless you can do it only for the silenced Parabellum.

When you say normal FMJ bullets for everything else except the Bacalov Corrector, surely the Lipstick Explosives, Grenade Launcher, Briefcase and Laser Guns would also still be using their own special ammo and not FMJ bullets right? Other than maybe the standard Laser Gun if you don't want it to ignore armor, because all enemies on the Low Earth Orbit mission have a standard Laser Gun. But again only a few enemies in the game have a grenade launcher or explosives. I don't think any have a Bacalov Corrector, Briefcase or Super Automatic Laser Weapon.

*IN OTHER NEWS*: STILL can't figure out how to allow player to start with more then one weapon but thats what host's cheats are for. I managed to create about 15 different "Tape recorder" versions of the lighter the host can cheat for. There's one properly named for each misson number that can be used to instead of igniting something, will instead play one of the games mission briefing audio files as the firing sound when pressed on. Sort of more interactive way of telling what the objectives are without needing to google it. Its the last clever "single-player like" fix could up with next to uploading all the danger/sneak themes to be played manually in-background for better atmophere like you said.  NPC's triggering music just simply doesn't work properly. The console even gives errors for it that can't be fixed at the start of certain levels. The true last of my problems that may never be solved here is how to get enemies to target other players more often then the host unless other players get directly in their line of fire at "player" 1 and fire first they don't change targets to persue from what i remember. ;) 

Ah I didn't know that you didn't figure out how to start players with more than one weapon, but that includes the default weapon plus a weapon that you choose players to start with right? But still, yes you'd have to cheat for certain gadgets or gear on certain missions anyway. That'd also mean that on every new level, you'd lose all your weapons other than the default and the one chosen for players to start with right? That might explain why you'd want the default weapon to be able to do damage from the front. But weapons, gadgets, armor and ammo boxes lying around on levels do respawn right? Though probably not weapons and ammo dropped by enemies.

Having different lighters to play the mission briefing audio files is creative. But what about the current in-game mission objectives and when they update? I mean the ones that are viewable when you press the view objectives button, but many also appear on screen when you first get them. They serve as more clear guidance for missions than mission briefings, especially for new players or players who don't remember the mission. Some even serve as parameters like avoiding detection, not letting an alarm sound or not killing anyone. Some missions might still be straightforward, but others might not be without seeing the objectives. Are you saying you may also use lighters for playing background music? It wouldn't be ideal for triggering music normally triggered by NPCs, but it could still be played as background music.

As for getting enemies to target other players more often than the host, isn't that what players going in first and shooting first is for? That's generally how you can control who risks taking more damage in co-op anyway. Or do the enemies still go after the host even if the host never shot at them? Or if the host never even got in the enemy's line of sight?

Edited by CoLdOwN

On 3/9/2021 at 4:00 PM, CoLdOwN said:

Having different lighters to play the mission briefing audio files is creative. But what about the current in-game mission objectives and when they update? I mean the ones that are viewable when you press the view objectives button, but many also appear on screen when you first get them. They serve as more clear guidance for missions than mission briefings, especially for new players or players who don't remember the mission. Some even serve as parameters like avoiding detection, not letting an alarm sound or not killing anyone. Some missions might still be straightforward, but others might not be without seeing the objectives. Are you saying you may also use lighters for playing background music? It wouldn't be ideal for triggering music normally triggered by NPCs, but it could still be played as background music.

As for getting enemies to target other players more often than the host, isn't that what players going in first and shooting first is for? That's generally how you can control who risks taking more damage in co-op anyway. Or do the enemies still go after the host even if the host never shot at them? Or if the host never even got in the enemy's line of sight?

If memory serves correct  when me and my  sister  played the enemies choose to go after the host first until another player  gets in their line of sight and attacks so pretty much what clients have to do to properly join in on the action for now. As for using the Lighter as "mission briefings"  you reminded me that you're right about some missions needing them to be played before the start(Unexpected Turbulance for example) for the cutscene that follow to make better sense.  Therefore i've replaced those lighters with ones that can be used to obtain small handful of certain special ammo type. The Luger i've decided to make poison by default. The Delisle can now fire Corrector's explosive ammo. While the revolver explosive rounds and other weapons fire rounds can all be cheated fo etc. I may end up uploading those voice files properly retitled for each mission like i've already done for the maps themselves, alongside the action/sneaky theme soundtracks. Still gunna take couple more days to reorganize the map file names before i upload it so we FINALLY have the missions in proper order on the map list(i noticed i skipped one b4 due to the briefing/training maps that come before each).

Edited by Clonest

On 3/12/2021 at 2:12 AM, Clonest said:

If memory serves correct  when me and my  sister  played the enemies choose to go after the host first until another player  gets in their line of sight and attacks so pretty much what clients have to do to properly join in on the action for now.

So the player that enemies notice first should still get attacked, at least if they shoot first. It works like that in NOLF 2's co-op too, the difference is just that enemies may also go after other players they notice without them having to shoot first. But part of the issue may also be that NOLF 1 doesn't have as good a stealth system as NOLF 2. Once enemies hear a gunshot, they instantly know where the player (or host) is and it's hard to make them lose track of you at that point. If they try chasing you but you put some distance between them and remain out of their line of sight long enough, they can sometimes lose track of you, but that doesn't work if they just stay in one spot and wait for you to come to them. Some enemies' vision are even linked to other enemies, meaning if one sees you or gets shot without dying, they all instantly know where you are even if there wasn't any loud gunshots.

As for using the Lighter as "mission briefings"  you reminded me that you're right about some missions needing them to be played before the start(Unexpected Turbulance for example) for the cutscene that follow to make better sense.

Oh yes that's true too, but that's actually not what I was referring to. I was referring to the mission objectives that show up when you press the view objectives button during a level (by default it's the letter O key). Some also show up on screen at the start of the level, or when you complete an objective or get a new one. I was wondering if these objectives still show up on screen and/or if the view objectives button still works in multiplayer? Because they're especially important in some missions. For example in Berlin by Night Scene 1, it's not the mission briefing, but the objectives that tell you when or where to find a contact, answer a telephone, what room to ring and door to knock on, and when the game will let you "bribe" the guard to let you in the compound. Without being able to see the objectives, one player would probably need to already know this stuff or look it up. But other times the objectives are pretty obvious or straightforward like in your example of Unexpected Turbulence. The objectives tell you to head to the cockpit specifically, but it's already clear that you're supposed to investigate.

The Luger i've decided to make poison by default. The Delisle can now fire Corrector's explosive ammo. While the revolver explosive rounds and other weapons fire rounds can all be cheated fo etc.

Yeah that's more reasonable, because the Luger normally isn't as good as the P38 or Revolver, and the Delisle (or Hampton Carbine) is normally only good as a stealth weapon. But the Delisle actually shoots faster than the Corrector, so letting the Delisle fire the Corrector's explosive ammo may actually make the Corrector obsolete. Especially if you let the even faster shooting and better scoped Dragunov (or Geldmacher) fire explosive ammo. I think that if anything, just having the Delisle and Dragunov ammo be interchangeable and keeping the Corrector's ammo separate makes more sense. That way the Corrector still has a purpose and the other sniper rifles don't become overpowered. That alone will let the Deslisle use Phosphorous rounds, and it'd still have its purpose of stealth over the faster shooting Dragunov.

But this also means any enemy with a Luger will deal poison damage, doesn't it? Or is there a way to apply it only to players' Lugers? There's a considerable amount of enemies with Lugers in some missions, though it wouldn't be as big a deal as every enemy with an AK-47 dealing phosphorous damage. The Antitoxin item does make you immune to poison damage (though not it's aiming impairment), but it's rare since it's another item that is meant to be equipped before the start of a mission. So you'd have to cheat for it to have it in most levels where it'd be of any use.

I also realized that if you make the P38 and Luger have a silencer by default, wouldn't that mean the enemies with those guns would have silencers too? Again unless you can apply it only to players' guns. The enemies normally don't use silencers because unlike the player, they're supposed to make noise when spotting and shooting you. It's possible that some nearby enemies who would normally hear their gunshots wouldn't because of the silencers.

Edited by CoLdOwN

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2021 at 3:59 PM, CoLdOwN said:

I also realized that if you make the P38 and Luger have a silencer by default, wouldn't that mean the enemies with those guns would have silencers too? Again unless you can apply it only to players' guns. The enemies normally don't use silencers because unlike the player, they're supposed to make noise when spotting and shooting you. It's possible that some nearby enemies who would normally hear their gunshots wouldn't because of the silencers.

You're correct on that. Whatever i change about the weapons, better damage, silenced/unsilenced would also affect all the enemies who wield them like it already does with pistols. To counter that i would have to come up with new weapon slots for the player version altogether like i've already done with the new "ammo giving lighter" cheats i came up with(Changed my mind about the tape player briefing method). I don't want to do that just yet though as that would destroy the games traditional weapon quickslots(buttons 1 thru 9)which most bulleted weapons use.  IN BETTER NEWS: I been toying around endlessly with more values in the  "weapons.txt" again. I can now fully swap weapon models for another and even replace gunflash effects with that of another weapon. Best part about this is being able to reposition the weapon models completely on-screen for players in 1st version view. SO NOW i'm more focused on centering all the two-hand guns more or less by zooming them out at arms length a bit thus revealing more detail from the "butt" of the guns which for some reason were hidden off screen in the original game. It makes the scope on the Crossbow look less ridiclously large, same goes for the AK-47's size itself. Would be perfect insert into one of the many widescreen mods out there. That and still deciding rather to make poison or fire the longest health-eating ammo type in the game. Perhaps make them the same and just make fire act quicker by doing heavier dmg then poison? Arrows/Spears themselves i've altered a bit into being much a longer lastiing health-eating ammo's now due to their "size". The Revolver looks alittle sleeker now that i got it centered under the cursor like in old school 90s FPS. Perhaps i should add a scope to that next?? :D

Edited by Clonest

On 3/24/2021 at 3:46 AM, Clonest said:

You're correct on that. Whatever i change about the weapons, better damage, silenced/unsilenced would also affect all the enemies who wield them like it already does with pistols. To counter that i would have to come up with new weapon slots for the player version altogether like i've already done with the new "ammo giving lighter" cheats i came up with(Changed my mind about the tape player briefing method). I don't want to do that just yet though as that would destroy the games traditional weapon quickslots(buttons 1 thru 9)which most bulleted weapons use.

Yeah I think keeping the traditional weapon quickslots is good. I still use the default quickslots when I play. But what you might be able to do is make new versions of the P38 and Luger in different weapon slots, and change the default quickslots of the original P38 and Luger to them. All the other quickslots could still be the same. Otherwise you could make new versions of those pistols in different weapon slots without changing the quickslots, but then by default the quickslots would still be for the version that can come without the silencer.

On 3/24/2021 at 3:46 AM, Clonest said:

That and still deciding rather to make poison or fire the longest health-eating ammo type in the game. Perhaps make them the same and just make fire act quicker by doing heavier dmg then poison? Arrows/Spears themselves i've altered a bit into being much a longer lastiing health-eating ammo's now due to their "size". The Revolver looks alittle sleeker now that i got it centered under the cursor like in old school 90s FPS. Perhaps i should add a scope to that next??

Why does damage need to be changed at all? I assume the difficulty is set to normal (although will there be a way to change it?) On normal enemies don't do crazy damage (except for the rare explosives if they land close to you) and a lot of their shots miss you. Machine guns can hurt more from prolonged exposure but you're not supposed to let them hit you that much. Fire/Poison is fine as is. I think fire does damage faster but poison lasts longer and makes aim less accurate. If Arrow/Spears do health-eating damage and it lasts longer, enemies might die in one hit even if not hit on the head. So that might be overpowered. That's what explosive arrows or other explosives are for. I don't think the Revolver needs a scope either. It wasn't supposed to have one (did Revolvers even have scopes back then?) and it would make the last boss fights easier than intended. Scopes are what sniper rifles and the crossbow are for.

Edited by CoLdOwN

On 3/27/2021 at 3:26 AM, CoLdOwN said:

I don't think the Revolver needs a scope either.

True......I only meant to point out that least now i can edit the viewmodel for all the weapons and better center certain weapons like the revolver to the middle of the screen for more careful  iron-sights like view.  Or do what i'm currently doing  with the P38 and Hampton SMG and only zoom them out bit more so people can better enjoy both the back end detail and reload animations when using the weapons. Other two-hands like the Delisle Rifle i already have perfectly centered to the middle of the screen and zoomed out to better bring out the arm-rest's detail and bolt-action lever. While other guns like the the Hampton SMG can be zoomed further out to see more of the handle and clip when reloading. Out of all of it i think you'd be suprised how much better and less "chunky" looking the AK47 looks as well with it zoomed out and moved further to the right of the screen, can actually see the barrel better and the clips when reloading much like in NOLF2. The sound effects for NOLF2 guns are even compatible but require bit of editing to have that stronger sounding blast to them. I've already took upon myself to changing the firing sound for the ak-47 to sound more like NOLF2's firing sound since it was always  bit TOO LOUD compared to the entire rest of the games gear. Also lowered the volume a bit for the Dragunov to match it. FINALLY, at long last i got the silenced version of both the "Luger" and "P38" to be the default equippable ones all while keeping the enemy ones unchanged. All my weapon console cheats have easy to remember appropriate renames for the them too which i'll submit in the readme file later.

Edited by Clonest
  • Like 1