Wolfenstein: The New Order

5 members have voted

1. 1. Are you excited?

• Yes
    • No

Yesterday, Bethesda Softworks announced a new installment in the Wolfenstein series entitled Wolfenstein: The New Order, which is slated for Q4 2013 release on Microsoft Windows PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and 4. The game is being developed by an unknown counterpart called MachineGames. Last time a game was made in 2009, simply titled "Wolfenstein", was a strict rip-off of the rubbish Call of Duty series with godawful gameplay and poor storyline. It seems they will be following the same trend focusing on MMS (Modern-Media Shooter) instead of true FPS genre.

The game's story takes place in an alternate history where Nazis have won World War II, set in 1960s. How pointless it really is, now, as it entirely disavowed the original Wolfenstein 3D's canonicity, for which, of course, I am upset. And that of extremely upset. Players take the role of William "B.J." Blazkowicz, once again, who appears to be is tasked with launching an "impossible counter-offensive" against the Nazi powers that have taken over the world. Most of the story takes place in Europe, where B.J. will be infiltrating Nazi strongholds and battling legions of enemies, while taking control of "super-weapons" that Nazis have used to dominate Earth. Balderdash.

So, what next? They will tying the game to Doom series, where the hell is formed and controlled by Nazis? And what next? The Icon of Sin will be Hitler dominating it? It's a bloody waste of time and what a waste of a good product. You see, I'm not a Doom fan, specially for its storyline and heavy anti-religious views, but as iD Software created both of these franchises, and rumours state that Doomguy may be B.J.'s descendant, they will be definitely tying those games together and come up with more rubbish storyline, installing a strict COD gameplay and elements to it.

I myself am not excited for the game, at all. I won't be even touching it for its godawful plot synopsis it has delivered.

Please express your opinions below.

Well, the last time I saw the real BJ was in Return to Castle Wolfenstein. They really have ruined the character afterwards, they made him a bloody Jason Bourne-inspired angry bloke. Everytime I saw him he was angry. The original BJ (from Spear of Destiny, 3D and Return to Castle Wolfenstein) didn't give a damn about anything, just killed any Nazi and demon he saw in his way. But, in the 2009 video game, the COD rip-off, which I rank it non-canonical, had a typical angry/modernized character. The New Order will be the very same thing, with much more balderdash. However, that is just my opinion.

much better, no ? unfortunately Wolfenstein : The New Order action will take a place in 60's.So as matters stand Bj.B should look a little bit older :P

Edited by AllRed

Yes, I stated that above. The New Order will take place in 1960s, but in an alternate timeline where Nazis have won WWII (which is what puts me off), but reportedly, the gameplay is going to feature classic Old School formula instead of MMS (COD). But, there's something fishy around here. Do you remember the first Quake? Where something was said about alternate dimensions and timelines?

A few new concept arts:

419651_10151575850719166_390624775_n.jpgLocation: Asylum Interior

181207_10151575850724166_1879947625_n.jpLocation: Germania

306796_10151575850964166_1399970871_n.jpLocation: London Nautica Space Dome

969686_10151575850729166_1013940562_n.jp

Nazi Guard.

376804_10151575850839166_1228155319_n.jp

Robot Guard.

946303_10151575851019166_1859269210_n.jpPanzer Hund.

969569_10151575850889166_1299406769_n.jpLaser Kraftwerk.

My friend, I expect the worst, in order not to get disappointed. Sometimes you expect the best, and it lets you down. I'm fed up with all of that. Seeing the storyline where Nazis won the war bothers me a lot. I cannot comment on the gameplay but what we've seen with the 2009 video game literally sucked. I bet they'll be doing the same. But, who knows? They haven't revealed how the gameplay would look like yet.

• 4 weeks later...