joining problems CJ

Hi, i installed the new URA tool. But somehow i cannot join any server. When hosting a dedicated server it appears as "Offline" on URA tool. I even cannot join my own server via URA´s tool. When i am in the game-surface after trying to join via URAtool i can join my server from there.

Further i have problems on my 64bit win7. When damaged of a f.e. acid grenade i have just black screen a few seconds.

Anyone ideas?

Greetings Peel

OK, now i fixed my joining problems. But i cannot run a server. It appears as "Offline" !?

The other problem with the black screen is - that´s what i guess - caused by my switchable graphic on my laptop. In the URA tool I can just select the Intel HD 3000 *'frack'* as graphic. My AMD Radeon HD 7670M is not listed here. I tried to switch manually on CCC but I cannot see where. Everything i change on Catalyst doesn´t help.

Greetings

When *Offline* appears, it means 1 of 2 things;

1. That it was not able to query the server. Meaning that port forwarding isn't setup for the server or a firewall is blocking it.

2. Just a bug, if you and others are able to join your server, then it's a bug that also affects me too that I blame my router/network config :D

I can't help much with switchable graphics, as my newest laptop is just an older Dell desktop replacement, but I believe you are right that the Intel HD 3000 is cause.

However I found this on another forum:

Actually you will find that the AMD7670m drivers have NOT been installed as part of the build!!

1) Insert the provided Drivers Disk.
2) Click on Next
3) Scroll down to the AMD Raeon Driver
4) Click on, then click on EXTRACT
5) The drivers will install

Aonce installd you will the be able to do the "Right click on the desktop" and get the "configure switchable graphics", which you do by individual appliaction, either recently run ones show up, or you can browse to associate. And then set to either "Power Saving" (HD4000) or "High Performance" (AMD7670)

Source: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/367868-33-built-radeon-7670m-intel-4000#t2869734

Hi URA,

thanks for you answer.

Well, i don´t understand my router. lol. I guess he is my problem.

I installed the newest driver for the Radeon and in the menu for switchable graphics i can select a program and associate it to Power Saving or High Performance. I selected high performance for Nolf2.exe, Nolf2Srv, CJ.exe and CJSrv, but still in the display of your starter tool just Intel HD selectable.

I saw that i can deactivate switchable in the bios or deactivate intelhdchip in the hardwareoptions of windows. What about this?

Finally i will destroy my new laptop for an old grandfathers game muhaha.

Greetings

Maybe adding Lithtech.exe to High Performance as well and testing in game to see if you get a black screen from acid damage.

Another thing that may be worth trying, add to the command line:

++CardDesc aticfx32.dll ++Renderer "AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series"

Maybe adding Lithtech.exe to High Performance as well and testing in game to see if you get a black screen from acid damage.

Another thing that may be worth trying, add to the command line:

++CardDesc aticfx32.dll ++Renderer "AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series"

I tried. No result. I added in the CCC Switchable Options OldContract Jack.exe, Contract Jack.exe, Old Srv, Srv and Lithech as AMD Radeon Program. Same in Nolf2. I added your command line - doesn´t help.

Games as Unreal Tournament3 and Team Fortress run automatical as AMD Radeon. Something wrong in Nolf2 and CJ.....

WOW. The only good news is that i have my old computer upstairs.

I also have a 64bit system running Windows 7 and the only thing wrong with NOLF2 & CJ is that they are DirectX 8.1 games. But games like Unreal Tournament 3 support later versions of DirectX (9, 10 & 11).

If you can't get the switchable graphics to work, you can try temporary disabling the Intel HD 3000 in Windows from the Device Manager (please note: I don't know what effect may happen by disabling video hardware from the Device Manager) or from the BIOS.

Hej igen,

i changed the Bios 2-3 weeks ago and then no longer had any graphic card driver running. So I reinstalled all drivers. I may try to deactivate just the intel card in windows7 soon and remain the Radeon. Then go into the bios?!

As I see the switchable graphics solution is battery-saving.

I guess i don´t have to install direct x 8.1? Or what did you mean?

Greetngs

I saw the game runs properly when test running the map in dedit grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Just an idea URA: Is it possible to run/join the CJGame via Dedit?

Edited by JUSTiTiA BluE

Hmm... well I guess DirectX 8.1 games aren't the problem then.

Yes it is possible to use dedit to run & join a game (but will be a pain to edit & use every time), but test to see if this works first: http://ura.exofire.net/downloads/launch.zip

Extract into CJ's main folder (also works with NOLF2) and start launch.bat.

Hi again. Doesn't solve my probs. Starting in dedit wasnt the clue as i thought before. I even tried deactivating the intelchip without success. I can select integrated or switchable graphic in the bios and i guess integrated means intel. It sucks. Installed direct x8.1 too. Read in a forum that the switchable graphic systems selects the high performance graphicchip when the program uses direct x 10 or higher. Right?

Hi again. Doesn't solve my probs. Starting in dedit wasnt the clue as i thought before. I even tried deactivating the intelchip without success. I can select integrated or switchable graphic in the bios and i guess integrated means intel. It sucks. Installed direct x8.1 too. Read in a forum that the switchable graphic systems selects the high performance graphicchip when the program uses direct x 10 or higher. Right?

Disabling the integrated graphics (Intel) from the BIOS should have worked (works for my desktop when I upgraded) and left you only using the Radeon.

I'm not sure what triggers the better graphics on a switchable graphics system, but installing DirectX 8.1 won't have any effect on Windows 7 (DirectX tends to be backwards compatible).

I gave up. Waiting for your loader then :). I will join with my station pc next time.

Is it possible that my router blocks an self hosted nolf2 server but the cj server works well? Is there a difference between the games that has effect on the router?

To the grafics again: i deactivated the intel grafics on windows 7. The result was no driver for both grafic cards. In the bios i saw i can run my pc with integrated grafics or switchable (intel and radeon). No possibilty to choose just radeon. I guess this problem should be rather posted in a acer forum. So thanks again for your help ura.

Peel

Edited by JUSTiTiA BluE