Ports Used by Nolf/ Nolf 2

If you are running behind a firewall make sure you have the following ports open to run Nolf/Nolf 2. Especially if you are trying to run a server

No One Lives Forever

No One Lives Forever 2

UDP: 27888 port

TCP: "2300-2400, 7000-10000"

• 11 months later...

I more or less studied the question, and know how to open ports, but 'port map' value still puzzles me. My router manual says that it's "local port being forwarded to". What the heck is that supposed to mean?

What's the brand of your router?

My router manual says that it's "local port being forwarded to". What the heck is that supposed to mean?

Port map in addition to the port forwarding gives you the opportunity to map a port number to another. So if you got a FTP server running in your LAN which is accessible from the WAN, the WAN request will certainly use port 20 (21). Let's say for some reason you don't want to use the ports 20-21 for FTP on you LAN PC, you can port map port 20 to 10000 and port 21 to 10001 or so. Then you just got to configure your server's program to listen to 10000/10001 instead of 20,21. May be useful in case your ISP blocks the ports to prevent FTP servers.

port map is NOT an optional value in my D-link DSL 500-T

:blink: Crappy HW/SW is really upsetting me!

Well, most likely you gotta set the STARTING port of the range, since the range is mapped to the range of same length. In your case the port map would be 2300 in case you forward 2300-2400 (1:1 mapping).