Contract Jack Widescreen Problem

I've manage to get NOLF & NOLF2 to work on widescreen however i'm having problem with Contract Jack.

After setting up the graphics in game, i exited and edited the display & autoexec so the screenwidth is 1920 & screenheight is 1280 on both cfg.

However after the change it crashes after loading the game. I'm not sure what is wrong. I'm on 1.1

Also other than the resolution are there any tweaks? I read somewhere adding some lines in the autoexec:

"fovx" "106"

"fovxinterface" "106"

"fovyuwmax" "124"

I also have the Pegasus mod.

I've manage to get NOLF & NOLF2 to work on widescreen however i'm having problem with Contract Jack.

After setting up the graphics in game, i exited and edited the display & autoexec so the screenwidth is 1920 & screenheight is 1280 on both cfg.

However after the change it crashes after loading the game. I'm not sure what is wrong. I'm on 1.1

Also other than the resolution are there any tweaks? I read somewhere adding some lines in the autoexec:

"fovx" "106"

"fovxinterface" "106"

"fovyuwmax" "124"

I also have the Pegasus mod.

It's not a good idea to edit CJ's autoexec.cfg if you plan to play online, your copy must match the server's copy 1:1, else the server will kick you.

The best way to do widescreen in CJ is to add this to the command line (Launcher > Options):

+fovx 106.260208 +fovy 78.0 +fovxinterface 106.260208 +pvmodelfov 65 +pvmodelaspect 1.599954 +ScreenWidth 1920 +ScreenHeight 1280

Since CJ was made with only 4:3 screens in mind, you may also want to add a widescreen menu fix, Weapons Test 13 includes one you can download it from here.

And then add this to your command line so you can use the menu fix outside of Weapons Test 13 mod:

-rez Custom\mods\WeaponsTest13\WideScreenFix.rez

Also, don't forget to check the box to "Always pass command line arguments to the game" so you don't have to keep reentering the command line.

Not sure if that mod has widescreen support.

Unfortunately it doesn't, but most of my later mods do :-

It's not a good idea to edit CJ's autoexec.cfg if you plan to play online, your copy must match the server's copy 1:1, else the server will kick you.

The best way to do widescreen in CJ is to add this to the command line (Launcher > Options):

+fovx 106.260208 +fovy 78.0 +fovxinterface 106.260208 +pvmodelfov 65 +pvmodelaspect 1.599954 +ScreenWidth 1920 +ScreenHeight 1280

Since CJ was made with only 4:3 screens in mind, you may also want to add a widescreen menu fix, Weapons Test 13 includes one you can download it from here.

And then add this to your command line so you can use the menu fix outside of Weapons Test 13 mod:

-rez Custom\mods\WeaponsTest13\WideScreenFix.rez

Also, don't forget to check the box to "Always pass command line arguments to the game" so you don't have to keep reentering the command line.

Unfortunately it doesn't, but most of my later mods do :-

You better get cracking on a re-release with the widescreen support there mister :P

I actually tried with the default setting & enter the commands in the command line to change the resolution but it still crashes. I don't know why if i set it based on the resolution available in the menu it runs but when i force 1080p it crashes.

just an update after activating your weapontest, after entering the commands you recommended, the original resolution when entering the game will always be 640x480. However the 1920x1080 option is now available in display menu ingame so i can manually switch it to full screen everytime. However subtitle disappears, and the loading menu become cut on the sides.

I then deactivated the weapon fix & added -rez Custom\mods\WeaponsTest13\WideScreenFix.rez behind all the commands, in this case the 1920x1080 option will not show up so i'm guessing i did something wrong with the command? I tried this method with no mod activated & also pegasus mod both doesn't have any changes.

So in this case the only way for me to get 1080p is activating weapontest & manually change the resolution everytime.

Or is there a better solution to my problem?

*Another question would be is there anyway to use back my old game saves, i tried copying it into my save folder but in the game i can't see them, the only saves i can see are the saves made after i installed. I tried using the save file from the internet & paste it in the save folder (with my profile name) same thing happened. I notice games like Shogo also have this problem.

Also can you guys post here the default autoexec configuration here as i lost my default config?

Edited by papaya

I actually tried with the default setting & enter the commands in the command line to change the resolution but it still crashes. I don't know why if i set it based on the resolution available in the menu it runs but when i force 1080p it crashes.

Sorry, there was an error with +ScreenHeight in the commands I posted, if you haven't noticed, change +ScreenHeight 1280 to +ScreenHeight 1080

That may or may not help with the crashing, but you should be running at 1920x1080 in the menus.

just an update after activating your weapontest, after entering the commands you recommended, the original resolution when entering the game will always be 640x480. However the 1920x1080 option is now available in display menu ingame so i can manually switch it to full screen everytime. However subtitle disappears, and the loading menu become cut on the sides.

I then deactivated the weapon fix & added -rez Custom\mods\WeaponsTest13\WideScreenFix.rez behind all the commands, in this case the 1920x1080 option will not show up so i'm guessing i did something wrong with the command? I tried this method with no mod activated & also pegasus mod both doesn't have any changes.

So in this case the only way for me to get 1080p is activating weapontest & manually change the resolution everytime.

Or is there a better solution to my problem?

The widescreen fix only fixes the chat input & a few menu items (it's far from complete ;)), this file will not make any non 4:3 resolutions show up, so you did nothing wrong with the command (minus my error addressed above :-).

*Another question would be is there anyway to use back my old game saves, i tried copying it into my save folder but in the game i can't see them, the only saves i can see are the saves made after i installed. I tried using the save file from the internet & paste it in the save folder (with my profile name) same thing happened. I notice games like Shogo also have this problem.

Also can you guys post here the default autoexec configuration here as i lost my default config?

I haven't messed much with importing game saves, they can become problematic and cause the game to crash if there not from the same version/mod of the game.

You can find autoexec.cfg here now.

Hi, I did notice the resolution mistake and have changed it.

Right now only way to get 1920x1080 is using your weapon mod and change it in game. And before i exit i need to change it to the original available resolution or do it in the launcher menu if i kept it at 1920x1080 the game will crash during start.

Also i notice the scene where you have to torture the Danger Danger member using the electric shock it will crash using 1920x1080, i changed it to 1440 during that scene in order to continue.

I think there's some incompatibility with the game & the resolution, or you guys having no problem at all playing it at 1920x1080?

Non the less i managed to complete the game in FullHD with your weapon mod. So very big thankyou. Also didn't notice the extra weapons like lightsabers until i started using guns cheat code. They suck to be honest... at least the damage they deal. Wished i can deflect bullets with it.

BTW i had no problem playing Impossible difficulty until where you get thrown off the space with just a laser gun, anyone beaten that in impossible mode?

Hi, I did notice the resolution mistake and have changed it.

Right now only way to get 1920x1080 is using your weapon mod and change it in game. And before i exit i need to change it to the original available resolution or do it in the launcher menu if i kept it at 1920x1080 the game will crash during start.

Also i notice the scene where you have to torture the Danger Danger member using the electric shock it will crash using 1920x1080, i changed it to 1440 during that scene in order to continue.

I think there's some incompatibility with the game & the resolution, or you guys having no problem at all playing it at 1920x1080?

My PC's display max resolution is 1440x900 and the game works fine, however my laptop's display is 1920x1200 and it does crash at startup at that resolution, I blamed it's drivers...

You may want to find the highest safe resolution to start the game with and add it to your command line so you can enjoy the game outside of my mod.

Non the less i managed to complete the game in FullHD with your weapon mod. So very big thankyou. Also didn't notice the extra weapons like lightsabers until i started using guns cheat code. They suck to be honest... at least the damage they deal. Wished i can deflect bullets with it.

BTW i had no problem playing Impossible difficulty until where you get thrown off the space with just a laser gun, anyone beaten that in impossible mode?

The lightsabers where meant for multiplayer ;)

• 4 years later...

hi

I'm having the same problem running the game in 1920x1080, the game is just cashing to desktop when I try to run it in a widescreen res, I tried to download the link to the weapon test 13 mod, but unfortunately the link is no longer active, is there anywhere else I can download the mod from?.

Thanks

Edited by LordLucan

• 8 months later...

I'm having the same issue. I used both the WeaponTest and Multiplayer Launcher to get widescreen and it crashes every time. The one time I switched to 1920x1080 from the menu, the menu formatting is messed up and it's cut off.

The Wobaks widescreen (sp?) for NOLF2 doesn't have this problem, although the widescreen patch that came with LiveForeverPlus, I think it was, did have this issue. Tried using the other one but since it was designed for NOLF2, not Contract JACK, it doesn't load.

So there's really nothing that works for Contract JACK to get proper widescreen for me.