Cannot see underwater?

Does anyone know why I cannot see underwater anymore?

I've just changed to windows 7 64 bit machine.

The same thing happens with a "stun grenade".

I was afraid you might ask me that,

it is a built in one that came with a Fujitsu machine PH300PRCA2, if I looked it up, it wouldn.t mean much.

.....open my eyes........of course.......I didn't think of that.........that advice also stops me walking into lamposts, I wondered why my nose was sore all the time :wacko: .

You could also try running the game in compatability mode.

I'll try anything........how do I run the game in compatability mode, I must say it sounds an obvious thing to do, if only I knew how :(

I tried changing the compatability for all variants of windows, logged back into the game but still get a black screen for example when I glue myself with glue gun.

Any other thought E1? (or is nolf just too old for my machine?) :(

I guess your integrated graphics card is the problem. Its an Intel one right?

Intel graphic chips make problems very often. I have an X3100, NOLF stutters on this one and its only 2 years old while Unreal Tournament 2004 works with full details.

You never know what can happen with an Intel card. You should try updating your drivers on intel.com and see if it works after that.

Or maybe buy an old Geforce 9600GT and play with that. It works fine. :)

Edited by schmatzler

• 1 month later...

Goggles perhaps? :Nanarok:

Not sure if you fixed your problem. I'm thinking you may want to pick up a discreet graphics card. The integrated graphics on your computer may not have enough horsepower for gaming, regardless of the game's age.

Here's a comment from a review of your pc

An economical solution that borrows your computer's main memory to use for graphics. Fine for basic computing tasks, but not powerful enough for digital photography, video editing and gaming.

I think certain effects like smoke & water require extra processing power.

Edited by Lodingi

• 2 weeks later...

Goggles perhaps? :Nanarok:

Not sure if you fixed your problem. I'm thinking you may want to pick up a discreet graphics card. The integrated graphics on your computer may not have enough horsepower for gaming, regardless of the game's age.

Here's a comment from a review of your pc

An economical solution that borrows your computer's main memory to use for graphics. Fine for basic computing tasks, but not powerful enough for digital photography, video editing and gaming.

I think certain effects like smoke & water require extra processing power.

Yuh...I think you're right, I'll wait for the warranty period to end before I break the seal and upgrade.............In the mean time..........I bought a white stick (waterproof!).

• 9 months later...

Hello, everyone.

I know this is an old topic, and I wouldn't want to bother anyone, but this is my very last resort.

So, I searched high and low for answers to the problem of not seeing underwater, and found nothing. I updated every possible thing on my PC (I use Windows 7), installing and re-installing Direct X, tweaking compatibility mode, etc. Nothing. Is there really no fix for this? Is it really simply because of my graphic card? The game used to run flawlessly under XP, with the same card. Any new idea would be welcome!

Thanks.

• 2 years later...

Unfortunately I'm gonna try and bring this topic back too :/ I can't see underwater now either T_T but oddly enough if I press "esc" while underwater I can see but can't do anything except select from the menu LOL
I'm currently running an nVIDIA GTX960M running win10 it used to run no problem on my last comp (i'm not sure the card though but it was win7) but now with win 10 I've had a few problems with getting this game to run properly x____x

Edited by Bitchcraft

Unfortunately I'm gonna try and bring this topic back too :/ I can't see underwater now either T_T but oddly enough if I press "esc" while underwater I can see but can't do anything except select from the menu LOL

I'm currently running an nVIDIA GTX960M running win10 it used to run no problem on my last comp (i'm not sure the card though but it was win7) but now with win 10 I've had a few problems with getting this game to run properly x____x

I run it in compatibility on Windows 10. Seems to help it run smoother. You might play with some of the video settings in the settings menu to see if that helps.

I run it in compatibility on Windows 10. Seems to help it run smoother. You might play with some of the video settings in the settings menu to see if that helps.

I tried that :/ maybe I just need to reinstall it...I can't even even edit the keyboard controls still x____x

im haveing the same problem, jump into water and the screen goes black, i can still see my health/armor, crosshair and wepon selections but nothing else. im on windows 10, and using the GOTY edition, and ive updated all my drivers and my video card, i played this game years ago and i wanna play through it again, cant get past tenasious lead scene 5...

Edited by ZhardRahl