Servers Offline due to ddos attack on them.

Eliteone

Someone has tried once again to attack our NOLF2 servers with a DDOS attack.

As a result they are offline to prevent me from having further charges from our host (The costs to me are currently being assessed) I will be receiving a bill for the costs for damages for the attack.

This is a really low thing from someone to target us in this manner. All UHQ has done is provide a means for players to enjoy the NOLF 2 game.

There is no need for drama nor to take out our servers so people will go play in other servers etc.

The datacenter has logged information during the attack and most likely will be pursuing those responsible.

We will of course assist in any way we can in the prosecution of those responsible.

We will be looking at our options on how to proceed going forward.

It's really sad that someone familiar with the NOLF2 game and gameservers has chosen to make this personal and cost me personal finances over a video game.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

It's not your fault and quite understandable to have them down if the datacenter is charging you for being on the receiving end of a DDOS attack. Feel free to add any of those costs to the monthly donation drive. We might not be able to cover them immediately, but hopefully we can help you out fairly quickly.

I don't really understand what a DDOS attack is nor the consequences but if you can tell us how much you're going to be billed because of it I'm sure we can all pitch in to cover it. I really hope this attack doesn't ruin the game servers for all of us. :(

Tried to bring them up last night.

Long story short they were targeted specifically again.

Very very unfortunate that someone has gone to such an low level for whatever reason.

It's not your fault and quite understandable to have them down if the datacenter is charging you for being on the receiving end of a DDOS attack. Feel free to add any of those costs to the monthly donation drive. We might not be able to cover them immediately, but hopefully we can help you out fairly quickly.

Yes, let us know E1. We're glad to pitch in! :thumb:

Thanks guys I've added it to the server goal.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines Privacy Policy.