Star Wars: The Old Republic

Anyone else playing Star Wars: The Old Republic?

I'm having a blast playing the game. I really enjoyed the the two single player Knights of the Old Republic game. SWTOR feels like Kotor 3, but with multiplayer options. The leveling process is highly story driven and unique between the classes and sides.

My Jedi Knight:

pallais.png

My Sith Warrior:

reavia.png

Edited by FortranDragon

nice!

Did the beta testing fort he game. Haven't found much time to look into the regular game. At OE we have a group playing it.

• 10 months later...

SWTOR is going free-to-play next week on Thursday (Nov, 15, 2012). If you just want to explore the character stories you'll be able to play through everything from levels 1 to 50 (the current game cap). As is usual for these things, the free to play option does have limits, but if you were a subscriber or if you are willing to make a one time purchase of $5.00 US you get bumped up to Preferred Player Status which removes some of the more annoying limitations. Details are here: http://www.swtor.com/free/features and details on the PPS are here: http://www.swtor.com...d.php?p=5324114

To tie this tenuously back to Nolf, the Imperial Agent storyline is probably the best character arc of all the eight classes. An unofficial fan trailer for the Imperial Agent can be found here:

Definitely worth your time if you would like to play a new spy/agent rpg storyline.

Edited by FortranDragon

• 1 month later...

I tried the game went through the tutorial but honestly it didn't hook me and I don't know why, it should I love Star Wars to death and I love Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2 but for some reason I couldn't get into it, it seems too much like a generic wow rip off than anything star wars(y).

Yeah, the combat systems feel very Burning Crusade-ish era of WoW. I wish they had gone with more of perk based system that Kotor had. I've gotten to dislike having talent trees and a bazillion abilities, most of which I seldom use. I'd rather see a GuildWars 2 or Secret World set of combat systems.

Yeah, the combat systems feel very Burning Crusade-ish era of WoW. I wish they had gone with more of perk based system that Kotor had. I've gotten to dislike having talent trees and a bazillion abilities, most of which I seldom use. I'd rather see a GuildWars 2 or Secret World set of combat systems.

Well then come play Secret World ;) They've dropped the subscription requirement so if you've already purchased the game you're good to go.

• 1 month later...

The Old Republic is set 300 years after the events of Kotor 2 so the Exile would have died of old age anyway. That said, there are a number of nice call outs to both the single player games in the MMO.

If you want to know what happened to Revan and the Exile you can read Revan, by Drew Karpyshyn (one main folks behind Kotor 1 and Swtor). It bridges the gap between the single player games and the MMO.

• 2 months later...

I'm currently playing the Old Republic and it's sort of okay. I'm currently a level 9 Jedi and I'm thinking about logging in this weekend so I can level up to 10. What makes me kind of stray away from playing it regularly is the constant level grinding and repetitive fetch quests. Having to endure such tedious tasks makes me kind of lose interest after awhile. You can only attack so many low level monsters before you get bored with it and log out. Companies will need to find a way to make MMORPGs more appealing and action oriented if they want to keep casual, hardcore and new players involved in their expansive digital worlds.