Unity Skyscraper

Gday all whose left around nolf. Heres a map i began a week ago, its nearing completion, obviously time to make some new Prop models and texture it up better. Its set in the year 2000. If anyone from here still plays nolf and see's a 'nolfmodders' game up sometimes..well its me and my partner testing out something :) It uses new textures, will be using new .abc models for props too, and yes all the see through windows are breakable, heres a screenie

unityscraper.jpg

Its all about sniping and being good at hiding, with props added it will still be fairly open. The buildings use wind and safety zones to go up and down inside them, as well as ladders outside. :)

Edited by Choofy

Hi Choofy.............a NOLF 1 map....wow...I haven't played nolf1 for years.

• 2 weeks later...

Cool looking pretty nice, make sure to let us know when its finished and give us a link :P

While im here can someone direct me to the NOLF 1 Dedit download? I couldnt find it in your downloads section :/ I recently formatted my comp so dedit got erased unfortunately :(

Edited by Gh0stSlay3r

Cool looking pretty nice, make sure to let us know when its finished and give us a link :P

While im here can someone direct me to the NOLF 1 Dedit download? I couldnt find it in your downloads section :/ I recently formatted my comp so dedit got erased unfortunately :(

I think I have that still. I'll try to get it uploaded to the downloads.

Cool looking pretty nice, make sure to let us know when its finished and give us a link :PWhile im here can someone direct me to the NOLF 1 Dedit download? I couldnt find it in your downloads section :/ I recently formatted my comp so dedit got erased unfortunately :(

I think I have that still. I'll try to get it uploaded to the downloads.

Uploaded it to the UHQ downloads.

Thanks alot :D Couldnt find a download for it anywhere now The site that shall not be named is gone :(

yea me neither.. i cant find this map on the downloads section.. :S

hope you can fix it Elitone :)

best regards

Mike

yea me neither.. i cant find this map on the downloads section.. :S

hope you can fix it Elitone :)

best regards

Mike

They haven't to my knowledge released this new map. Of course we'd be glad to host if for him when he finishes it.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello All! Just posting a quick little video as an update for Choofy's map! Hope you enjoy!

http://youtu.be/Q0l9HDfk1S8

thanks all for the feed back! : ) have a great one! :mml:

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the update!

• 5 months later...

Firstly an apology to all, as many things get started (maps and dreamers) but few cross the finishing line!

Sadly this has been sitting on my pc gathering dust as we pushed hard on a different mod for another game. Never forgotten though. Props etc were all made within a week of my first original post, its moreso placing them. Heres a rough idea (if people didnt see the youtube vid before it got removed)

lastb4server.th.jpg

1stflr.th.jpg

These areas will not get alot more added to them, as with two of us having spent approx:5hrs the last week playing it and shooting each others butts off! It needs alot of moveability.

Lets get down to the nitty gritty of it shall we?

Theme:year 2000 unity headquarters.

Props: server - pc - desk - divider - air conditioning - photocopier - bin -magazines - cans of drink - couches - chairs - tables - water cooler - microwave - cabinets - bookcase - microwave and more thats just off the top of my head. And yes these are destroyable in Multi Player. So no camping, else you may find your cover turns into splinters/metal chunks, and your butt getting handed to you =p

Transport: zip hook madness, drop downs within buildings. 2 timed lifts in the centre building, with two window washer machines inbetween levels. gutter pipes climbable, and various ladders around as well as an outside lift that goes from the ground level to the top.

Changes since start: lots of windows removed for easier shooting access (yea..using the contender with a glass window in your face wasnt pleasant ;D)

The overall build made alot less hiding friendly, and more aimed at being able to have very few hiding spots, as when played, its alot bigger than it looks, with so many levels, to have left it at many hiding spots would turn it into an hour long battle of campers. =p

To-do: all the props (.abc models) i have made i defaulted to one debris type, the server debris, so i shall need to make some various debris (what the props turn into when destroyed) as at the moment a desk when blown up..spits out motherboard and psu's etc. Evidently server debris. =P

a tad of texturing and one corner im not that happy with, as its abit campy. and hearing a sniper shot..theres alot of territory to cover to even find where the enemy is.

And still one or two more props i have in mind, nothing big, just some barrels for the roof..exploding ones of course!

Should I wrap this up for under peoples xmas trees? As yes it will be done by then..im getting pushed, shes a hard taskmaster.

Regards:choofy

Hello!

Wanted to post a video of Choofys map for you guys (maybe a better idea since its been updated quiet a bit! )

No worries it hasnt been forgotten! Choofy has been working on it pretty hard the last few days so hope ya'll enjoy!