Gear selection question.

NOLFFAN

Hello all

I started a topic some time ago and i asked 3 questions.One of those questions was what Gear you should select before starting you should select.Now,after some playing i have come up with this list as to what type of bullets

the enemy shoots at you.Please note,i have omitted the FMJ rounds and just put all other types of bullet.

This guide was done on Superspy difficulty.

Key. C = Cyanide. P = Phosphorous. D = Dum Dum. E = Explosive. FMJ = Full Metal Jacket.

MISFORTUNE IN MOROCCO, SCENE 1 - All FMJ's.

MISFORTUNE IN MOROCCO, SCENE 2 - DD x 2.

MISFORTUNE IN MOROCCO, SCENE 3 - DD x 2.

MISFORTUNE IN MOROCCO, SCENE 4 - DD x 3.

BERLIN BY NIGHT, SCENE 1 - All FMJ,s.

BERLIN BY NIGHT, SCENE 2 - All FMJ's.

BERLIN BY NIGHT, SCENE 3 - DD x 2.

UNEXPECTED TURBULENCE, SCENE 1 - DD x 3.

UNEXPECTED TURBULENCE, SCENE 2 - All FMJ's.

RENDEZVOUS IN HAMBURG, SCENE 1 - None fired by enemy.

RENDEZVOUS IN HAMBURG, SCENE 2 - DD,P x 2.

A TENUOUS LEAD, SCENE 1 - P x 2,DD x 2.

A TENUOUS LEAD, SCENE 2 - DD x2,P.

A TENUOUS LEAD, SCENE 3 - P.

A TENUOUS LEAD, SCENE 4 - DD.

A TENUOUS LEAD, SCENE 5 - All FMJ's.

THE DIVE, SCENE 1 - DD x 2.

THE DIVE, SCENE 2 - DD x 2,P.

THE DIVE, SCENE 3 - All standard bolts.

A MAN OF INFLUENCE, SCENE 1 - All FMJ's.

A MAN OF INFLUENCE, SCENE 2 - All FMJ's.

A MAN OF INFLUENCE, SCENE 3 - None fired by enemy.

SAFECRACKER, SCENE 1 - DD.

SAFECRACKER, SCENE 2 - All FMJ's.

SAFECRACKER, SCENE 3 - DD,P x 2.

SAFECRACKER, SCENE 4 - P,DD.

SAFECRACKER, SCENE 5 - P,DD x 2.

SAFECRACKER, SCENE 6 - DD x 2,P.

RESCUE ATTEMPT, SCENE 1 - DD x 5,P x 2,C.

RESCUE ATTEMPT, SCENE 2 - DD,P.

RESCUE ATTEMPT, SCENE 3 - P x 3,DD x 2,C X 2.

TROUBLE IN THE TROPICS, SCENE 1 - P,DD x 2.

TROUBLE IN THE TROPICS, SCENE 2 - DD x 2,P x 3,C,E.

TROUBLE IN THE TROPICS, SCENE 3 - P,C.

TROUBLE IN THE TROPICS, SCENE 4 - DD,C.

LOW EARTH ORBIT, SCENE 1

LOW EARTH ORBIT, SCENE 2

ALPINE INTRIGUE, SCENE 1 - All FMJ's

ALPINE INTRIGUE, SCENE 2 - DD x 2,P.

ALPINE INTRIGUE, SCENE 3 - P,DD,E.

ALPINE INTRIGUE, SCENE 4 - E x 2.

THE INDOMITABLE CATE ARCHER, SCENE 1 - DD,P.

THE INDOMITABLE CATE ARCHER, SCENE 2 - DD,P,C.

THE INDOMITABLE CATE ARCHER, SCENE 3 - DD x 2,P.

THE INDOMITABLE CATE ARCHER, SCENE 4 - P,C.

A VERY LARGE EXPLOSION, SCENE 1 - C,DD x 2,P x 2,E.

A VERY LARGE EXPLOSION, SCENE 2 - All FMJ's.

SUCH IS THE NATURE OF REVENGE, SCENE 1 - All FMJ's.

SUCH IS THE NATURE OF REVENGE, SCENE 2 - C.

REST & RELAXATION, SCENE 1 - DD x 2.

REST & RELAXATION, SCENE 2 - DD x 3,P.

REST & RELAXATION, SCENE 3 - DD x 2,P.

REST & RELAXATION, SCENE 4 - P x 8.

What i would like from this list is what to take form the gear selection screen?.Take TROUBLE IN THE TROPICS,that has all the ammo types fired by the NPC's.I guess i would take The Fire Extinguisher for the Phosphorous rounds,but what do the Forum members here think?.Thanks for looking.

Colin

PS When i picked up the bolts from the NPC divers in Scene 3 of The dive,they were all normal bolts.Strange,because you can pick up the Antitoxin in that level.

Edited by NOLFFAN

Hey Colin!

I've also noticed that in the 3rd scene of THE DIVE.

I suppose the basic idea was to give the divers crossbows with poison bolts, as crossbow is the only weapon which can show under water (if we speak about the real life). But then, I suppose, the developers decided to make another ranged gun, and came up with the Moris Speargun :)

That exaplinas it all.

• 3 years later...

I thought I'd bring this topic to attention again. This is a nice chart to reference but I'd like to add to this. Rescue Attempt, Scene 2 has an enemy that deals explosive damage with a Grenade Launcher, in the tower at the end of the level. You also missed one of the Grenade Launcher enemies in Trouple in the Tropics, Scene 2. One is by the bridge and one is in the tower at the end of the level. The difficulty doesn't change what types of ammo the enemies use.

Anyway here are my suggestions on what to equip for each mission. Remember that the Fuzzy Slippers are almost always a viable option if you want to try avoiding combat. Generally you don't want to equip the Earplugs because there are barely any enemies that they help for, and explosives can be fatal regardless. While the Antitoxin will completely nullify poison damage, it will not stop your aim from becoming crippled, and there are not many enemies that it helps for. Bandages will completely stop the bleeding damage caused by dum dum rounds, but the Fire Extinguisher only reduces the burning damage caused by phosphorous rounds (and other heat sources such as fire and steam). If you don't want to bother memorizing this chart then just remember that when in doubt, go with Bandages.

The Assignment - N/A (it doesn't let you equip anything for this mission, and there are no enemies anyway).

Misfortune in Morocco - Bandages

Berlin by Night - Bandages

Unexpected Turbulence - Bandages

Rendezvous in Hamburg - Probably the Fire Extinguisher since it helps for two enemies, but the Bandages do help for one enemy that has a machine gun.

A Tenuous Lead - Preferebly Bandages, but the Fire Extinguisher would also help.

The Dive - Bandages

A Man of Influence - Fuzzy Slippers

Safecracker - Preferebly Bandages, but the Fire Extinguisher would also help.

Rescue Attempt - Preferebly Bandages, but the Fire Extinguisher would also help.

Trouble in the Tropics - N/A (you're stuck with SCUBA Gear which takes up the gear spot).

Low Earth Orbit - Fuzzy Slippers

Alpine Intrigue - Bandages (although if you want to try wearing the Earplugs, this would be the level to do so).

The Indomitable Cate Archer - Bandages or the Fire Extinguisher (same number of enemies with each type).

A Very Large Explosion - Bandages or the Fire Extinguisher (same number of enemies with each type, although a significant enemy has phosphorous rounds).

Such is the Nature of Revenge - Antitoxin (there's one in the final battle, but there's no point in equipping anything else or exposing yourself to get it).

Rest and Relaxation - N/A (it doesn't let you equip anything for this mission, and you can find stuff along the way anyway).

Also to address your last comment, these items generally aren't found in missions where they are useful since the idea is to equip them in other missions. The Fire Extinguisher is found in Misfortune in Morocco, Scene 4, where there are no enemies with phosphorous rounds. The Earplugs are found in A Tenuous Lead, Scene 3, where there are no enemies with explosive rounds. The Antitoxin is first found in The Dive, Scene 3, where there are no enemies with cyanide rounds. The Bandages are found in A Man of Influence, Scene 2, where there are no enemies with dum dum rounds. The Fuzzy Slippers are found in Rescue Attempt, Scene 3, where they won't give you much use for the rest of the level. The exceptions to this are the Antitoxin in Such is the Nature of Revenge, Scene 2 which is the last normal level, and the items in Rest and Relaxation which is a bonus level.

Edited by CoLdOwN