Monolith is going to make a new game!

I just got the newest news form some sites, but read the articles yourself:

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/30/monolith...on-action-game/ (English)

http://www.gamersglobal.de/news/6195 (German)

I also hope they will deciced to make a new Nolf3!!

Hopefully....

Best regards!

Thanks for the link, Crusader. It was so cool seeing all those people posting about how great NOLF2 is/was. :)

A NOLF3 would be fantastic, but just I don't think Monolith is smart enough to make one. The theme of spies in the 60's probably isn't considered 'cutting edge' to them. No, cutting edge is most likely yet another dark looking game with military or zombies. :P

(I'm so negative, aren't I?)

Yes i also think like you, there isn't a big chance that they will make Nolf3.... But we all can hope....

I just sent a mail to Monolith 1 week ago, asking if they will do so, but no answer yet.... Bad support i suppose.... =(

But i will inform you, when i get an answer!

Best regards to Bella and the rest of the Community! =)

Edited by {IF} Crusader

Well Alex I can assure you that you will not get the answer. I've sent about 5 mails to them! With different questions of course, but I still got no asnwer from that.

But thank you very much for such a hopefullin news!! See ya all in game :P *ЧМАФФ*

I just got the newest news form some sites, but read the articles yourself:

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/30/monolith...on-action-game/ (English)

http://www.gamersglobal.de/news/6195 (German)

I also hope they will deciced to make a new Nolf3!!

Hopefully....

Best regards!

Do they have a job vacancy?

Now if we could get an insider into their organisation....hmmmm.......Spawn, wanna new job??

(I'm so negative, aren't I?)

You are Bella, but you are most likely correct ;)

Thanks for the links though Crusader :)

Thief 4 was recently announced, perhaps my luck will last longer and hopefully Nolf will be made into a trilogy now :D

Edited by Zymon

I read an new article about Monolith's new game, and they said, that the new game will be FEAR 3, but it's not sure. They also mentioned that it could be Nolf3 as well.... I don't post the articel, because its german, i only translated, what they said! ;)

But i will inform you, if i find new articles on this Topic, because i think everybody in here wants to know more about the "new game" from Monolith!

Long live Nolf2!!! ^_^

Btw: Bella can you set on unityhq.net -> Clans the [invisible Fighters] Clan Link to http://www.ifclan-forum.at.vu/ THX

Edited by {IF} Crusader

• 1 year later...

I read an new article about Monolith's new game, and they said, that the new game will be FEAR 3, but it's not sure. They also mentioned that it could be Nolf3 as well.... I don't post the articel, because its german, i only translated, what they said! wink.gif

But i will inform you, if i find new articles on this Topic, because i think everybody in here wants to know more about the "new game" from Monolith!

Long live Nolf2!!! happy.gif

Btw: Bella can you set on unityhq.net -> Clans the [invisible Fighters] Clan Link to http://www.ifclan-forum.at.vu/ THX

Hi all.

Would love to see a NOLF3 developed by Monolith. At least the technology jump from NOLF2 to a possible NOLF3 isn't too wide. If they haven't thrown out all their NOLF2 development assets some of them could be recycled and revamped. Perhaps ignore Contract J.A.C.K. and finally make NOLF a trilogy. I am thinking of the new trilogy box sets that could be marketed to revive interest in the game. And companies like Monolith and others are lacking to see a wider market for a game like NOLF. Take Tomb Raider. It has had a larger percentage of female players than probably any other title, and by some women who wouldn't call themselves gamers.

Another thought occurred to me as well. Since Monolith are now a subsidiary of Warner Bros. games, a member of the Warner Bros. Entertainment family of companies, couldn't a feature film be created as a live-action equivalent of NOLF? Who wouldn't like to see a flesh and blood Cate Archer on the big screen. More enticing to marketing a game series when tagging it to a film and its associated market behemoth. Hell, Monolith, hire me and I'll smack you around the head with these ideas!

According to the Lithtech game engine page on Wikipedia the game engines are as such...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithtech

~ NOLF1, released November 2000 (GOTY Ed. 2001), uses Lithtech 2.0/2.2, Windows/PS2/Mac.

~ NOLF2, released September 30 2002, uses Lithtech: Jupiter, Windows/Mac.

~ F.E.A.R., released October 15 2005 thru April 26 2007, uses Lithtech: Jupiter Extended, Windows/Xbox360/PS3.

~ F.E.A.R. 2, released February 10-13 2009, uses Lithtech: Jupiter Extended with a modified Havoc engine, Windows/Xbox360/PS3.

And typical! As of April 2010 F.E.A.R. 3 was announced on the offcial www.lith.com website, so no NOLF3, yet. Oh well, here's hoping still.

EDIT: Oops, had the wrong year for NOLF1 release and referenced the wrong Wikipedia page. Fixed! : )

Cheers

MIKE

Edited by mike_mac

If the new game is NOLF 3, that would be very incredible. Anyways, now, I hope that, but I can't imagine Sierra returning to this series and doing again a REALLY GOOD game like NOLF 1 & 2...

If the new game is NOLF 3, that would be very incredible. Anyways, now, I hope that, but I can't imagine Sierra returning to this series and doing again a REALLY GOOD game like NOLF 1 & 2...

Especially since Sierra no longer exists ;) (Why the master server for NOLF2 shutdown)

What they are currently working on is F.3.A.R. (aka FEAR 3), but who knows if they generate enough profit form this game they might make a nolf 3

In order to attract new people for Nolf2, I have started a topic in a good visited german forum! Hopefully there will be some people, who like it! (:

Furthermore, I have written two mails, one to Activision and one to Warner Bros, concerning Nolf3. I hope I receive an answer!

Edited by {IF} Crusader

Especially since Sierra no longer exists ;) (Why the master server for NOLF2 shutdown)

Hmmm, I wonder who then holds the rights for the "No One Lives Forever" brand name, since Sierra were the original publisher? Would Monolith have the rights? Perhaps this is a legality that could be a spanner in the works.

Cheers

MIKE

Edited by mike_mac

Hmmm, I wonder who then holds the rights for the "No One Lives Forever" brand name, since Sierra were the original publisher? Would Monolith have the rights? Perhaps this is a legality that could be a spanner in the works.

Cheers

MIKE

I would assume that it would ultimately belong to Activision since they bought out Sierra and then discontinued the brand.

• 1 month later...

What I think would really muster up support for NOLF3 would be a re-release of the first two NOLF games (sans Contract JACK) on a new graphics engine and revamped A.I.'s. I feel that it would create a -new- wave of awareness for how great those two games were and create an even more massive demand (compared to how it is today) for a NOLF3 title release. The goal should be to target all the newer console gamers with the re-release, and then trickle down to any remaining PC gamers with a subsequent multi-platform release of NOLF 3.

I still feel that NOLF's all-original approach to FPS games are its highest selling points: forcing the player to use of stealth techniques, the implementation of story-driven plots, the interweaving of witty humor throughout the game, and the campy/"mod" (1960's) theme is largely unmatched by any other game... even to this day, as I'm typing this (2011).

What I liked about NOLF2 is how they managed to work two plots into the story... more specifically, the part where H.A.R.M. had not one but two concurrent plots for world domination, both of which were underway in NOLF1 and one surviving plot which continued in secret, which became NOLF2. It would be awesome if something like that could and would be done for NOLF3.

• 10 months later...

I think having the first 2 games adapted for current generation consoles would be great. Contract Jack as well. Has anyone seen any news in the last 10 months about such a thing happening or even more importantly,a No One Lives Forever 3 being made ?

At this point, I think we will never see NOLF3...Never....

Monolith has only rights for "The Operative",

the first game had a moderate (small) success (not strong, but enough to make a sequel), the 2nd was a commercial failure, and CJ, well....

Cate Archer is not a well known character, we all love her, but she never got the recognize she deserved...

The 60's spy theme, with the colorful atmosfere of the NOLF games doesnt appeal the majority of the FPS games, neither does perfume and lipsticks, or mechanic cats...

Comedy is a genre that no longer exists...even in cinema, we dont see many comedy movies these days like back in the 90's...

NOLF1 and NOLF2 were huge games, 40+ levels....20 hours+ to complete, with hours of dialogue between the characters... and it was a single player game... and 99% of the games today have a focus on multiplayer while the single player campaign is short and limited to a 5-6 hours playthrough...and games are getting shorter every year

8 years have passed since CJ...

If NOLF1 and NOLF2 gets a release in PSN and XBLA as classics....only fans of the original games would purchase (those who are still alive after so much time...)/ or a few curious players....

everything goes against NOLF...

but were not alone...Shenmue is on the same boat as NOLF...

just hardcore Shenmue fans would buy part 3...

the fact is that NOLF got overshadowed by bad marketing, and a lot of mistakes from the publisher (like making a crap console port to PS2, instead of XBOX for example)

if NOLF1 and NOLF2 were ported to the original XBOX in 2001/2003...the history of the series could have been a lot different

sorry double post, but...

NOLF1 Cate was a much better character than NOLF2 Cate...

in NOLF1 she was a little rude with a strong personality (Kit Harris voice acting was superb)..and she looked more like a real woman (because of being modeled after Mitzi Martin)

in NOLF2 she was too "Barbie" and her voice was the same as Princess Peach with a fake accent...(Jennifer Hale)...she was too cartoon,

So if NOLF gets a sequel, I would like they bring back Kit Harris to do Cate's voice (if she is still alive...) and Cate to be the closest as possible to NOLF1,

*dont get me wrong I love NOLF2 and I think its multiplayer is far better than NOLF1...but NOLF1 is Monolith's finest work, and the single player , soundtrack, art, character design, voice acting, everything was perfect in NOLF1

and the fact everything in NOLF1 SP was so strong, hurted NOLF2 a bit...

sorry double post, but...

NOLF1 Cate was a much better character than NOLF2 Cate...

in NOLF1 she was a little rude with a strong personality (Kit Harris voice acting was superb)..and she looked more like a real woman (because of being modeled after Mitzi Martin)

in NOLF2 she was too "Barbie" and her voice was the same as Princess Peach with a fake accent...(Jennifer Hale)...she was too cartoon,

So if NOLF gets a sequel, I would like they bring back Kit Harris to do Cate's voice (if she is still alive...) and Cate to be the closest as possible to NOLF1,

*dont get me wrong I love NOLF2 and I think its multiplayer is far better than NOLF1...but NOLF1 is Monolith's finest work, and the single player , soundtrack, art, character design, voice acting, everything was perfect in NOLF1

and the fact everything in NOLF1 SP was so strong, hurted NOLF2 a bit...

She was actually voiced by Jen Taylor in NOLF2 Koyasha ;) (We interviewed her here a couple years ago) Interviewed Kit Harris too.