I WANT NOLF 3

1Nightmare1

I want Nolf 3 ok? I know you guys remember me of posting this before, but that was long time ago and my patience is running out. I though this would be a good thread to discuss our passion for Nolf.

I'm really attached to this franchised, perhaps the best I have ever encountered. I don't understand why did Nolf had to fall into wrong hads, Sierra. They tottaly ruined the franchise and I bet they personally hate it. Instead they spend their investments into FEAR which has no potential compared to Nolf and Nolf franchise also averaged about 9.0 on gamerankings(thats the site were all review scores are merged).

This game is so unique, it gives you a choice of doing run and gun Rambo or do it the proffecional stealth way. Funny characters, awesome gadgets, lots of weapons and customizations, great story.

I have no idea what they are doing with this franchise, but I'm tired of waiting and guessing on it, it sounds pretty much dead to me.

Sierra is on my most hated Publishers list, those bastards tuined the franchise.

If Nolf 2's ending was the ending of the entire Nolf story, then thats the most pathetic excuse for an ending I have ever seen, it is begging for a third sequal. Why not make it now?

Did CJ really killed the franchise? Or was it a poor attempt on the advertizement, if there was any? Perhaps, Sierra doesn't have any interest at the fans?! CJ is just an expansion pack, I don't think Sierra lost that much money investing into, neither have they lost their effort, because I may not play it, but I can tell by complaints and reviews that it had no effort what so ever.

Just wish the third sequal would be announced, I'm tired of waiting and thinking about it, sometimes I wish I was a millionaire and just invested my money into this franchise myself, but I can't do that, yet perhaps.

Edited by 1Nightmare1

Nightmare, this has been a topic that has been discussed and fought for for many years now. There's even a petition that has been started a while back to the game developers signed by several people in the community.

Let me just say that I totally agree with what you said about them needing to make a NOLF3. I don't think there's anyone in the forums who disagrees with you a bit.

However, at this point it's useless to debate about and as you pointed out, the only sure way to get NOLF3 going is if you had a crap load of money. Other than that it's pretty much out of our hands. We will continue to do what we can to get them to make a NOLF3, but ultimately it's up to the developers to make a third sequel.

The big reason why we haven't seen a NOLF3 yet I think is because money. I don't think that they feel another sequel will gain them very much money, not to mention I don't think they feel NOLF2 was a great success in their collection of games.

They seem mainly interested in nitty gritty shooters like FEAR where it's dull, colorless, and ultimately leaves you with a feeling of pointlessness and depression after playing them.

I totally agree that the NOLF series has brought a gaming style unlike any other game out there and as far as I can tell is unmatched.

Not much left to say except that we have no choice but to wait and see unfortunately.

Edited by Triggerhappy

Well I perfectly understand that, but I been on this forums enough and I don't see any topic here discussing about Nolf, except people playing patty cake games with themselves.

I'm not going to argue any longer why Sierra should push out Nolf 3, because you all perfectly understand why and I already explained, but I'm just so pissed off for their actions, they almost never gave the franchise a chance.

And speaking of making the game, I though it was up to publishers, because they are the ones who fund the money and regulate bussiness. Of course I don' think publisher have a total control over the franchise or the developing company, and I gues the developers won't make the game if they don't want to, but thats what I think. Maybe I should blame Monolith instead.

I also think it would be more interesting to discuss about the game, rather than play random word games....

I also think it would be more interesting to discuss about the game, rather than play random word games....

I'm not exactly sure what that means, but the comment seems pretty random itself. :unsure:

I actually think it's more fun to PLAY the game, than to discuss it. Do you play Nightmare? I don't recall seeing you in the servers... :whistle:

I agree. Let's play! Lets spend more time trying trying to make the game more fun and less talking about NOLF3 what ifs.

I actually think it's more fun to PLAY the game, than to discuss it. Do you play Nightmare? I don't recall seeing you in the servers... :whistle:

I used to play it, but then I couldn't find many people online and I got tired of it, but I was talking about you guys playing word games.

• 2 months later...

I have an idea, what about WE CAN MAKE nolf3??? (like a mod)

The best modders/editers all copperate on one project, and make new levels, skins, and all... and we're kind of making NEW NOLF..

would be great :happy1:

Good Modders: TriggerHAPPY, Sapwn, Ura, Rus agent?, and so on!! :aaevil:

I'm flattered that you recommended me to help, but what you're talking about doing is a very difficult task. I doubt you could manage to get everyone together for such a project, not to mention it's a LOT of work to make any kind of a mod much less an entire game size mod...which I should add nobody would want to download because it's huge...and people are lazy as they have so displayed in the past. :mellow: Most of those people you listed (including me) don't feel that going to that kind of effort and putting in that kind of work is even worth it for this game. Every time someone comes out with a new map or mod, hardly anyone is interested in playing it and it makes it hard to feel motivated to want to start a new project, especially something as complicated and difficult as the one you speak of. I plan to make at least two more custom maps for NOLF2 before it's all said and done, but I don't have the time or patients I've decided to work on anything else. Besides, I seriously question the quality of a NOLF3 mod for NOLF2. I mean, if the other guys did something I'm sure it would be cool but.... Spawn has already attempted basically a NOLF2 and 1/2 single player mod which is extremely well done. You should try it. I've offered to help him complete it but again I don't blame him for not doing so. It takes an unbelievable amount of work to make one level let alone a whole bunch of them for a single player mission. Maybe you should get into map making and try it out if you have the time. :)

• 3 weeks later...
I'm flattered that you recommended me to help, but what you're talking about doing is a very difficult task. I doubt you could manage to get everyone together for such a project, not to mention it's a LOT of work to make any kind of a mod much less an entire game size mod...which I should add nobody would want to download because it's huge...and people are lazy as they have so displayed in the past. :mellow: Most of those people you listed (including me) don't feel that going to that kind of effort and putting in that kind of work is even worth it for this game. Every time someone comes out with a new map or mod, hardly anyone is interested in playing it and it makes it hard to feel motivated to want to start a new project, especially something as complicated and difficult as the one you speak of. I plan to make at least two more custom maps for NOLF2 before it's all said and done, but I don't have the time or patients I've decided to work on anything else. Besides, I seriously question the quality of a NOLF3 mod for NOLF2. I mean, if the other guys did something I'm sure it would be cool but.... Spawn has already attempted basically a NOLF2 and 1/2 single player mod which is extremely well done. You should try it. I've offered to help him complete it but again I don't blame him for not doing so. It takes an unbelievable amount of work to make one level let alone a whole bunch of them for a single player mission. Maybe you should get into map making and try it out if you have the time. :)

I see where you're going at and it makes sense, people these days are lazy and can be dull too. I wish our fanbase would be stronger...

• 1 month later...
I see where you're going at and it makes sense, people these days are lazy and can be dull too. I wish our fanbase would be stronger...

It's nice idea! But maybe we can do this not a mod for NOLF2, but a mod for F.E.A.R. Jupiter engine has less abilities than FEAR engine. Great physics, bump-mapping, light - NOLF3 can looks like this. Particulary, FEAR is also Sierra's game.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

NOLF 3.. I wonder what could be its title.. "Archer's groove"?

Can't we use Dunia (Far Cry 2's engine) to create NOLF 3 using the built in level creator plus some fancy story creation/programming to put it all together, in perspective?

I'm just looking for alternatives..

• 1 month later...

ACtually some ppl (including me) are thinking on that already....

:P

• 3 months later...

i've posted it over at gluefactory too:

I replay all 3 NOLF games almost every season because these are one of my favourite games and I miss it so much. I enjoy everything in it, from action to stealth, from humour to gadgets, from characters to fun story. I even like to just walk around Unity building interacting with characters and objects, seeing what's going on and wondering how fun it could have been to work there

enough chatter though, just as all of you I wish for NOLF 3 to happen terrifically. With the recent sequence of classic titles being revived (fallout, deus ex, diablo, starcraft, red alert, etc) I check gaming news frequently hoping to hear some news about Cate's new adventures.

the question is what can we do to help to make it happen?

the petition at http://www.nolf4ever.com/ is a great idea. I've posted link to it on my site and spread the word around anywhere I go.

Do you guys have any ideas about what else we can do?

I've tried writing Game Informer magazine but they still didn't publish my letter. Do you know how to contact other pc-friendly magazines or pr people?

I will try to do more research as I have account with games press

i just have a feeling if nolf 3 is meant to be released, we will hear some news soon. I wish so, what do you think? let me know how else can we help...

im willing to help out with any add-on`s or projects .because i refusing to believe that nolf2 is dead

i also have a new dd map almost ready to release that needs testing......

i hear alot of peeps talkin about how much they love this game ... if your one of them,

im on the servers around 2:00 est. on weekends and some weekdays ...hoping to kill you,

i say lets all play nolf2 and maybe they will see that nolf2 is still being played,

(without the master server) and that theres alot of realy loyal fans

and maybe then...they will consider making a 3rd

so i ask everyone to support nolf2 by "PLAYING THE FREAKIN GAME!"...savvy?

Edited by {BAB} Sgt.PEPPER

im on the servers around 2:00 est. on weekends and some weekdays

errr what time is it for Russia? 2:00 est = 2:00 pm?

If so, it is 22:00 here then... hmm think I can be there that time ^_^

• 4 weeks later...
... Most of those people you listed (including me) don't feel that going to that kind of effort and putting in that kind of work is even worth it for this game. Every time someone comes out with a new map or mod, hardly anyone is interested in playing it and it makes it hard to feel motivated to want to start a new project, especially something as complicated and difficult as the one you speak of...

Ditto

Very Well Spoken :)

Probably, if you go back into the archives of TGF and read what happened when Nolf2 came out, you would see where half the Community was complaining about it. I remember reading threads where people were uninstalling Nolf2 and going back to Nolf1. I only played about half of Nolf2 myself, where I got stuck tossing a coin. Because the Primal Hunt expansion pack bombed in AvP2, I was reluctant to join the Pegasus team on a mod for Contract Jack, but my good Pegasus Team Members finally talked me into it. I bet we spent at least a year on that Mod, and for what? Yea, we had fun making it, and we gained some more experience, but that was it. So, you can imagine what the Publishers of Nolf2 and CJ thought when they probably lost money on their projects. And like anybody that has just spent the last two years of their lives working on something as big as this, they WERE watching the Nolf "Community," to see what the feedback was going to be. And every complaint about Nolf2 and CJ was another "shot in the foot."

About CJ, there became this thing about CJ had no tags and the SP was too short. Well, this is true, but I believe everything in N2 could have been ported to CJ. And it really isn't about the SP game, but the MP. Sure, the SP is good, for a week. But the MP, that's what you've been playing for the last 5 years or so. And what is all that, but "fast action" shooting?

Anyway, when nobody bought CJ, and the Pegasus team refusing to go back to Nolf2, I believe your fate was sealed. I don't see an Nolf3 in your future, unless you make it yourself. Every now and then I look back at some of these Nolf3 threads and think of what could have been. I do wish you well in your venture to try to get an Nolf3. If I could do anything to help, I would. And I'm sorry that it didn't work out for you.

Coty

I will say it again here. Don't try to make NOLF3 yourself, or do a petition. Just create an outline of NOLF3, accompanied by a business plan, and then try to sell that to one of the companies with some of the right, who will also have the proper resources to make the game and market it. Don't think like a lonely single technician doing everything yourselves. Make a plan, take it to the people with the resources, and lead. Passion, know-how, and interest are needed.

Sry, but because of my bad english I didnt understand who is you said it to? :P

Person of Interest

Carthern "Joliet" Archer

believed to be between 16 and 18 years old

Address Unknown

Wanted for questioning in in some burglary's around the north side of town.

Supposedly last seen around one of the buildings in question.

joliet2.jpg

More

http://coty.ms11.net/images/junk/joliet3.jpg

http://coty.ms11.net/images/junk/joliet4.jpg

http://coty.ms11.net/images/junk/joliet1.jpg

$500 Reward for any information leading to her whereabouts.

Call 555-1212 Ask for Bruno

Person of Interest

Carthern "Joliet" Archer

believed to be between 16 and 18 years old

Address Unknown

Wanted for questioning in in some burglary's around the north side of town.

Supposedly last seen around one of the buildings in question.

joliet2.jpg

More

http://coty.ms11.net/images/junk/joliet3.jpg

http://coty.ms11.net/images/junk/joliet4.jpg

http://coty.ms11.net/images/junk/joliet1.jpg

$500 Reward for any information leading to her whereabouts.

Call 555-1212 Ask for Bruno

Neat skin B)

Thank You E1!

I didn't make her. I just rigged her for Nolf2 and gave her Cate's eyes. :)

Something like this would be my idea for Nolf3 or a mod, Cate as a teenage thief. :)

Edited by Coty

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...