Contract JACK Multiplayer..?

NOLF2, CJ and TRON 2.0 (all are monolith productions games) all have that "weapons.txt" file. And in each file you will find entries for weapons that aren't even used in that game!! For example in the Tron 2.0 weapons.txt you find entries for an AK-47 i think, although this game only has weapons like "disc", "energy claw", "ball", "LOL" (a sniper rifle that shoots laser "bullets" instead of fmj ones).

To make it short: The cat is one of the "weapons" from nolf2. Comparable to a Anti-Personell-Mine. You place the cat somewhere and if a member of the other team runs past it, it starts following him/her and detonates as soon as she is next to the player.

Again this kitty is one of the reasons why i prefer nolf2 to CJ. If i want to play a "serious" FPS i go play Battlefield or smth. But with that NOLF2 like engine (CJ) i expect a fun game like nolf2 with many nonsense gadgets (explosive kitty, banana, beartrap, gluegun) :D

Last but not least i think the whole damage you do with weapons in CJ is somehow bad. Takes ages and tons of ammo until you manage to kill someone. Yesterday i needed more than 2 rounds to kill someone or 2 headshots with shotgun. In NOLF2 you can kill with 6-10 bullets from the ak.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the AK especiall is more powerfull than the 1 in NOLF 2... or maybe that's only in SP part of the game? :unsure:

As for the nanas, with kittycat mode you can have all the nolf 2 weapons, if I am right. ;)

Edited by METAL

Yes it has many improvements over NOLF2, that's true. But i think the main reason why people prefer NOLF2 to CJ is cause CJ is missing items like: bananas, sleep- and stunnades, beartraps and the utility launcher.

CJ has stun grenades (flash bangs), but there next to useless. Kitties, banana and bear traps don't work to well with CJ due to autopickup and something else that breaks vector weapons from destroying those type of traps, only explosives work on them :aaevil:

Furthermore some of the weaponsounds of CJ simply disturb me. The AK for example sounds way better in NOLF2.

Some of NOLF2's fire sounds sound a bit muffled to me :mellow: Me, I like CJ's updated sounds better.

Last but not least i think the whole damage you do with weapons in CJ is somehow bad. Takes ages and tons of ammo until you manage to kill someone. Yesterday i needed more than 2 rounds to kill someone or 2 headshots with shotgun. In NOLF2 you can kill with 6-10 bullets from the ak.

The weapons in CJ where tweaked a good bit from the min/max perturb to the addition of an effective range (but at the cost of ammo damage). I'll add more to this near the end of this post.

Actually that's pretty common in NOLF2 as well...that happens to me every time I join a European server.

What I can't get past about CJ is the crappy weapon change scheme. Unlike NOLF2, when you scroll through the weapons menu you automatically change weapons when the selection hits the weapon it's on. So when you scroll through, you are constantly changing weapons until you get to the one you want. This makes it nearly impossible to switch between the selected gun and the previous weapon with a button.

I never found a way to turn that off either, so I don't think there's a way around that.

No, there is no way to turn this on/off, but CJ's fast weapon switch could have been far worse than it is (like Mob Enforcer's).

There are pros and cons to both systems, in NOLF2, you can select and choose what weapon you want and set the last weapon with ease, but you must confirm or cancel the weapon chooser before you can fire again and this can leave you open.

In CJ, you can select weapons faster since there is no need to confirm or cancel the weapon chooser allowing you to get back to shooting much sooner, but setting up the last weapon can be more difficult and also allows other players to hear you select/deselect the weapons in between.

Well that's just partly true. There is this sound that shows you that you have hit your enemy and in NOLF2 no matter if with low or high ping i hear it max 10 times before the enemy falls down (in case i aim very bad and only hit the chest or smth), but yesterday in CJ I emptied my whole ak clip into the body of my enemy probably hitting every 2nd bullet and still i needed another clip to take him down, although (like i said) i was hitting him pretty much all of the time. And some months ago, can be years too, i remember having shot at some player who was afk with a shotgun from point blank range and straight in the head, but it still took 2 shells to take him down :blink:

As I said above, the weapons have been tweaked, a good example: NOLF2's AK-47 min/maxperturb is 20/60, CJ's AK-47 is 5/10 and CJ's shotgun is also 45/45, so if you where to unload your AK magazine in NOLF2, it's shot pattern will be wider than CJ's shotgun shot pattern.

Below is a list you can compare 4 weapons from both games (values on left are NOLF2 and right is CJ):

AK-47
- MinPerturb 20/5
- MaxPerturb 60/10
- Range	 100000/100000
- EffectiveVectorRange NA/4000
+7.62x39 fmj
+- InstDamage 30/20
+7.62x39 phos
+- InstDamage 30/20
+- ProgDamage 5/5
+- ProgDamageDuration  5/2.5

Shotgun
- MinPerturb 35/45
- MaxPerturb 100/45
- Range 100000/100000
- EffectiveVectorRange NA/500
- VectorsPerRound 5/6
+ 12-ga shot 
+- InstDamage 30/20
+ 12-ga explosive 
+- InstDamage 50/20
+- AreaDamage 35/14
+- AreaDamageRadius 100/70

Silenced Sterling
- MinPerturb 20/5
- MaxPerturb 40/5
- Range 100000/100000
- EffectiveVectorRange NA/2500
+ 9mm fmj 
+- InstDamage 20/15

Sniper Rifle
- MinPerturb 0/0
- MaxPerturb 60/0
- Range 100000
- EffectiveVectorRange NA/100000
+ .308 fmj
+- InstDamage 120/120

Hey setting up times and such would be a great idea, and getting the maps and all patchs in a easy location would be very good,

I agree with this idea.

On my page (ura.ur.funpic.de) is where most of my latest mods can be found (up to WeaponsTest08d, I never got around to adding 08e). TP555 hosts a few large mappacks (total of 415mb), but has limited bandwidth. I have 1.57gb installed.

Maybe unity or spawn could add a page just for this,

also I am a web designer and could very easily put something together a site for times and easy links to the downloads,

maybe where all links lead back to these sites, (not hot linking) just pointing people where to go.

Server updates, new servers, and so on , a site just for C.J.

what does everyone think?

ALso I noticed in in the weapons test a cat? what is this cat and what would one do with it other then shoot at it for meoing the whole time? :mellow:

The kitty is from NOLF2 with the addition of the nice kitty ammo (a slower moving glue kitty :D), but this new ammo adds a "kitty mating bug" :lol:

Again this kitty is one of the reasons why i prefer nolf2 to CJ. If i want to play a "serious" FPS i go play Battlefield or smth. But with that NOLF2 like engine (CJ) i expect a fun game like nolf2 with many nonsense gadgets (explosive kitty, banana, beartrap, gluegun) :D

Yes, NOLF2's gadgets add a very fun component to the gameplay, but on rare events, other players can ruin any fun with spawn kitties/tags or by accusing others of cheating/glitching/hacking when there banana on the stairs didn't work or by jumping out of glue/bear traps... now I'm just ranting :D

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the AK especiall is more powerfull than the 1 in NOLF 2... or maybe that's only in SP part of the game? :unsure:

As for the nanas, with kittycat mode you can have all the nolf 2 weapons, if I am right. ;)

WeaponsTest08d (and 08e) contain the Tulwar, Shuriken, Banana, Laughing Gas Grenade and Kitties from NOLF2, I've also imported a modified version of the Flame thrower mini welder from one of Neo's mods.

what if i told you I have unlimited bandwidth that I could offer you for the downloads in order to get them all on one page

what I'm saying is I could load them on my server, or I would give you full ftp and you could if you wish it and then

link them on your site here, that way everything is all neat and in one place.

If you like this let me know will only take a sec to set it up

:happy1:

in other words I just want to do my part in helping how ever I may!

You can email me Here!

Edited by Shadow

The weapons in CJ where tweaked a good bit from the min/max perturb to the addition of an effective range (but at the cost of ammo damage). I'll add more to this near the end of this post.

As I said above, the weapons have been tweaked, a good example: NOLF2's AK-47 min/maxperturb is 20/60, CJ's AK-47 is 5/10 and CJ's shotgun is also 45/45, so if you where to unload your AK magazine in NOLF2, it's shot pattern will be wider than CJ's shotgun shot pattern.

Below is a list you can compare 4 weapons from both games (values on left are NOLF2 and right is CJ):

So you're saying the AK-47 in CJ is more precise than the NOLF2 one while it therefor does less damage than in NOLF2? Well that explains it! When shooting in NOLF2 i never hold down the trigger until the clip is empty but shoot 3-bullet salvos. I guess that keeps the perturb at a comparably low level and combined with the higher damage i manage to kill way faster with the AK-47 in NOLF2 than with the AK in CJ.

So you're saying the AK-47 in CJ is more precise than the NOLF2 one while it therefor does less damage than in NOLF2?

Yes.

Well that explains it! When shooting in NOLF2 i never hold down the trigger until the clip is empty but shoot 3-bullet salvos. I guess that keeps the perturb at a comparably low level and combined with the higher damage i manage to kill way faster with the AK-47 in NOLF2 than with the AK in CJ.

If your standing still, then yes the perturb will be very low (my guess, about 25 after the 3rd shot?), but if your walking/running the perturb is much higher, but we all know this from the state of are crosshairs. CJ's AK-47 is about 33% weaker and 400%~600% more accurate than NOLF2's (I find this to be a good trade off).

Hey setting up times and such would be a great idea, and getting the maps and all patchs in a easy location would be very good,

Maybe unity or spawn could add a page just for this,

also I am a web designer and could very easily put something together a site for times and easy links to the downloads,

maybe where all links lead back to these sites, (not hot linking) just pointing people where to go.

Server updates, new servers, and so on , a site just for C.J.

what does everyone think?

There's always right here to make posts arranging times to meet. Just create a new topic. :)

Also, there are maps & patches for CJ in our main site under 'downloads'. It probably isn't totally up to date anymore, but if people point out whats missing it can be added.

If you take a look at the index page on my website, you'll see icons for the latest updated mappacks for CJ as well as the other games. They're rezzed up by Sauron over at http://www.odious-things.co.uk/

just click the downloads, and choose the game you want the mappack for and download..

You won't get lost in that website for sure :P