What summer movie is everyone looking forward to?

I'm eager to see the newest Die Hard - Live Free or Die Hard. The previews look pretty darn cool. I tried to rent the original Die Hard for my kids to see but the local rental place only had it on VHS, which we don't have anymore. :blink: Considering it's been nearly 20 years since the original, I guess some things have changed, but Bruce Willis still looks pretty good. :drool1:

Being a comic book fan I'm definitely going to see Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. Lots of eye candy for everyone in that movie. As long as you don't take it too seriously it should be fun.

For some easygoing laughs my family will be enjoying Mr.Bean's Holiday in August. I don't know why but just looking at that guy amuses me.

Transformers is a movie I'm not really looking forward to but will most likely see once it's been out a while simply because of Spielberg is involved.

So what about you? What movie has you all excited?

I went to Pirates of the Caribbean 3 yesterday and it was soo funny ^^ It was deffo better then 2 but 1 still rox all of them! :)

Edited by Sander

I'm eager to see the newest Die Hard - Live Free or Die Hard. The previews look pretty darn cool. I tried to rent the original Die Hard for my kids to see but the local rental place only had it on VHS, which we don't have anymore. :blink: Considering it's been nearly 20 years since the original, I guess some things have changed, but Bruce Willis still looks pretty good. :drool1:

Personally, I really like the 1st Die Hard. But since the other 2 are pretty entertaining as well, I bought Die Hard - The Ultimate Collection a while back.

It has all the goods, i.e. THX Certified sound, DTS Processing, etc. Not bad for less than $25 bucks. (Bought it used).

I'm waiting to see if Resident Evil: Extinction will turn out to be any good. I really like the first movie, the second movie was okay or so so. Some people think though that movie adaptation of the game really sucks...and they're probably right, but I think the first one was really well done. The games have great storylines, but they're way to hard to beat. :) I might rent Pirates of the Carribean and Spider-man 3, but those are bottom of the list priority to me. Anyone heard of any other good movies that are supposed to come out soon?

P.S. To Indy who will watch Princess Bride, I say to you "...NO, to the pain!" :D ...and of course, "My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father;prepare to die!" :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've seen F4:Rise of the Silver Surfer. May go see Transformers... Really waiting on the 3rd Bourne movie... I think it is The Bourne Ultimatum. Bit busy today, can't recall exactly.

I'm eager to see the newest Die Hard

I will probably go see this as well.

I'm waiting to see if Resident Evil: Extinction will turn out to be any good.

Just a really stupid movie based question here. It happens in all of them but seems to be most obvious in Resident evil. (and this is to the best of my recolection, didn't see the whole thing all the way thru.)

AI computer detects leak and locks down the place, info suggest that the AI is off it's rocker. AND you're going into a place that did really odd stuff (aka - "research") so who knows what your're gunna run into.

So why in the heck do they go in with pop guns? :blink:O_O Best equiped of any of the bunch was the gal (jessica alba was it?) with the MP5 with the 100rnd box mag... Except for the Demolitions guy, that had the shotgun. Now that seemed to be the smart one of the bunch. :devilsmiley: (didn't he throw a grenade, or some C4 into the bunch of zombies and then give a few rounds of buckshot to the hand full of survivors? as I said, didn't see it all)

Edited by Barracuda

I went to Pirates of the Caribbean 3 yesterday and it was soo funny ^^ It was deffo better then 2 but 1 still rox all of them! :)

I cannot stand Johhny Depp after what he said about americans...I wont pay to see his trash

"Americans are bubble headed creeps who pick fights to show off there muscle"

"I would never let my children grow up in America"

I find this absolutley apalling and completely ignorant since the moveis hes made his millions on make the most money in the US

Ungratful prick <_<

I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Exactly! Or maybe just a Browning M2 .50Cal MG...

I saw previews for another movie this weekend that is supposed to come out in july, but I can't remember what it was...

I go to post, and forget it... I hate when that happens...

Saw Die Hard about a week ago, give or take a few days. And saw Transformers last night.

Would recomend both. Die Hard is the typical fast hard hitting, with just enough slower spots to fill in the blanks on what you've just seen.

Transformers is pretty cool, although long at almost 2 1/2 hours. But you simply can't tell a story like that in 1 1/2 hours.

Checked the Transformers movie website, and found out that the guy that did the voice for Optimus Prime, was the same guy that did it in the cartoon so many years ago. (unless I just totaly misread what they said, it was 3am....)

I was pleasantly surprised about Transformers. I didn't have high hopes for it but I found it very enjoyable and funny too. There were a couple scenes that had all of us laughing so hard in it. During the fight scenes I had a hard time figuring out who were the good and bad guys, but all in all it was an entertaining summer movie that I'd recommend to most anyone.

Die Hard was darn good too, as expected. I had really been looking forward to it and I wasn't let down. Maybe it was a little far fetched here and there but I didn't care one bit. :)

Now what to see??

• 2 months later...
Now what to see??

Well, as for upcoming movies in 2008;

The Dark Night (or Batman 2)

Bond 22 (working title, of course)

Speed Racer (by those Wachowski brothers)

Terminator 4

And in 2009;

The Power of the Dark Crystal (yes! they're making a sequel!)

Battle Angel

Watchmen

Halo

And a bunch of stuff I'm not that much looking forward to, like the A-Team movie, Fast & Furious 4, Dallas, Jurassic Park 4, Seriously, dude, where's my car? and The Smurfs...

By. The. Way.

HAIRSPRAY

I SECOND THAT ZAC EFRON AND NIKKI BLONSKEY WERE TEH ****!