Ever Cried To A Song?

i know most people have cried to a song before...

it happens...

so what songs have you cried to before?

the reason this came to mind...

is because out of the blue...im listenin to songs on my computer...

and James Blunt - Goodbye My Lover comes on...

ive listened to it a million times...

but this time i listened to the lyrics...

and started crying...

cuz i was thinking of my x gf...and...thinking about all the friends i will be leaving to go off to college...

very sad...and emotional...

but yah...anyone else?

*tickles tough guy KNIX*

It's not the sad songs that get me crying but those that touch a chord in me, like 'Butterfly Kisses' by Bob Carlisle. A story about a Dad's little girl growing up, it came out in 1997 when my daughter was six and still makes me cry to this day. We love our daughter so much that it's going to kill us when she marries and leaves us. They grow up too fast!

The other song that gets me going is 'Proud to be an American' by Lee Greenwood. It's been played to death and isn't quite as touching now, but when they played that song for the first time during the awesome 4th of July fireworks in Pittsburgh, I couldn't stop the tears.

When I was an overly emotional teenager, decades ago, it was 'All By Myself' that made me cry. Now whenever I hear a sad song I get annoyed by all the whining. :P

While I don't cry very often (can't remember the last time to be honest). I am "moved" on occasion. The only song that comes to mind that "moves" me emotionaly in a "touching" way would be Harry Chapin's "Cats in the Cradle". Now that I have 2 sons, it reminds me how important it is to be involved in their lives. This is not always easy as the trials and stress of work sometimes make me want to escape.....and play nolf. :P

but no crying...as i have testicles :D

sad songs are my favorites, for some reason. Here's a couple good ones:

two out of three ain't bad -- meatloaf

so cruel -- U2

battle of evermore -- led zeppelin

black velvet -- allanah miles (not really a sad song, it just sounds sad)

river's edge -- 7 mary 3

cumbersome -- 7 mary 3

Macarthur park -- just kidding! yech! :P

Knix' date='May 10 2006, 10:03 AM' post='55337']

While I don't cry very often (can't remember the last time to be honest). I am "moved" on occasion. The only song that comes to mind that "moves" me emotionaly in a "touching" way would be Harry Chapin's "Cats in the Cradle". Now that I have 2 sons, it reminds me how important it is to be involved in their lives. This is not always easy as the trials and stress of work sometimes make me want to escape.....and play nolf. :P

but no crying...as i have testicles :D

Wow...That song hits close to home for me too...I made the mistake of mentioning that to my wife once and now she uses it whenever she thinks I need to spend more time with the kiddos.

• 4 years later...